chapter 3

Haydens pov

after about 30 minutes of comforting jules, she fell asleep on my chest.

i was going to try and wake her up but i decided not to cause i know if i did she wouldn't fall asleep again.

i pick her up and open her door as quietly as possible.

as i walk down the hallway and about to pass the kitchen i see her mom sitting there.

her head shoots towards me as she jumps being startled.

i give her a quick smile as she looks at me confused and then i quickly walk up the stairs towards jules room.

i'll explain when i come back down.

i open jules door and immediately admire her massive room. her room is decorated so perfectly.

her room is literally jules.

i walk over to her bed and place her down and pull the blanket over her. i make sure she's comfortable and walk out shutting the door behind me.

as i walk down the stairs as her mother stares at me with confusion written all over her face.

"um, i'm sorry. jules was sitting outside and i know her from school so i talked to her. then she fell asleep." i say stuttering.

"i'm sorry for just barging in" i say apologizing.

"it's alright. thank you for bringing her in" she says smiling. i nod and head out the door.

i feel so bad for them.

i grab my skateboard once again and start riding back to my house.

right when i walk into my house i see my moms date leaving.

i walk right past them before they could say anything to me.

don't get me wrong, i love my mom and want her happy. but atleast wait for a night i'm out to do this type of stuff.

i jump onto my bed face first and making sure my alarm was set for tomorrow.
______
Jules pov

i woke up the next morning completely confused.

i grab my phone and see that it's 9:15 am. oh. god.

i rush out of bed and and throw on a pair of pants that were laying on my floor.

i run downstairs to see my mom passed out on the couch. i give her a quick kiss on the forehead and head out unlocking my car.

could this week get any fucking worse?

i pull up to school and rush in trying to make it to 3rd period english.

i rush in and i'm about to take a seat when my teacher stops me.

"julianna! care to explain why you are late?" she asks crossing her arms over her chest.

"i'm sorry i was having family issues" i say quietly. "i don't have time for your dumb excuses, you have detention after school." she says in her snobby attitude.

as i'm about to take a random seat someone starts talking.

"that's so not fair!" hayden shouts at the teacher. i quickly sit down and look over at hayden.

"what was that mr. summerall?" she asks as her eyes widen.

"she just told you she had a rough morning with her family and you give her detention? ridiculous" he says scoffing.

"and you just got yourself detention also mr. summerall" she says smiling sarcastically as hayden rolls his eyes giving up.

what is going on with him.