13. Our First Kiss

As Castiel pulled into the parking lot of the concert, the music was already loud enough to hear perfectly clear.  They stepped out of Castiel's old, broken down car and began walking toward the crowd, avoiding the carelessly tossed pile of solo cups by the trash can. 

"Cas," Dean yelled over the music, grabbing the shorter man's arm and pulling him back.  "You don't have to do this, I know you don't like Metallica."

Castiel gave him an eye roll.  "Yeah, but you do."  Dean smiled and Castiel grabbed his hand. "Come on!"

They danced and drank and even sang along to some of the songs.  Castiel was satisfied when he saw Dean smiling widely, enjoying the night he had planned for him. 
---------------------------------------------------------------

"Holy crap, Cas," Dean said breathlessly as they walked back to Castiel's car hand in hand.  "That was amazing."

"Good," Castiel grinned, "I hope you liked it."

"Dude, I loved it! How much did you pay for that?" Dean asked.  "I need to know how I can repay you, I've never been to one of their concerts before and we were right in front!"

Castiel waved his hand at the Winchester.  "Stop, you have done so much for me.  This is payback."

They hopped in the car and Dean checked his wrist as if he were checking the time and rolled his eyes at himself when clearly he didn't have one on.  Castiel took a sigh of relief.  Dean pulled out his phone and checked the time. 

"Dean," Castiel said softly.

Dean looked up at him with full attention.

"If, uh, if it's not too late I have another thing planned if that okay?"

Dean's eyes widened.  "You what? Cas you already did too much—"

"Please?" The blue-eyed man whispered back with large eyes. 

Dean sighed in defeat.  "Alright, but this is the only date I'm letting you pay for."

Castiel smirked, turning on the engine.  "We'll see."

He drove off into a cleared meadow where you could see some beautiful mountains in the distance and fireflies buzzing around happily.  Castiel got out of the car and Dean hesitated when following. 

"What are we doing here, Cas?" Dean asked as he ran up to the shorter man and grabbed his hand gently. 

"I just thought this place was beautiful and that we could talk some more," Castiel replied, "so that we get to know each other even more.  Plus, this would be the first time I will have wine in the last four years without an excuse when Jack is around."  Castiel pulled a wine bottle and two glasses out from under his coat and handed one to Dean.

Dean raised and eyebrow and laughed lightly.  "Where have you been all my life?"

"Where have you been?" Castiel corrected. 

"Datin' a bitch," Dean replied bluntly. 

Castiel snorted.  "Same."

Laughter filled the air and the rest of the night went by wonderfully.  They didn't drink much since they did have to drive home, so Castiel ran back to the car and grabbed two water bottles to sober up on.  They stayed for another hour to make sure they were fully attentive and began to make their way back to the car. 

"Oh, wait!" Castiel exclaimed, running back into the meadow and to a fallen log hidden from the world by some tall weeds.  He pulled out a tiny box and ran back to Dean.