Chapter One: Old Nightmares

[POV: Past Akio

I woke up in a dark room, lit by only a small candle in the corner of the room. I got up from my bed because I was a little thirsty. I quietly opened my door and crept down the hallway. I made it to the kitchen where I got a cup, and poured a glass of water. As I was drinking the water, I heard the sound of a door being messed with, someone was trying to break into my own home. I'm only 5 years old, the most logical thing I could think of was run to my parents room. My dad woke up, he actually was a former imperial soldier. He decided to settle down after almost dying on his last expedition. He wanted to be able to see his family and spend more time with him. So it was excusable, my dad grabbed his sword, and made me and my mother stand behind him. He stealthily looked out the crack of the door, and saw men in all hooded apparel enter the house. They had all types of swords and knives. They began stealing from the house, my dad snuck out of the room, and hid behind a corner. When one of them walked around the corner my dad was on, he stabbed them in the neck and hid their body out of sight. He then waited as the next person found the body, when he tried to scream, my dad stabbed him in the back of his chest without hesitation. There was only 2 people, my dad caught one of them off guard, and he had killed them, it was too late though. The final guy took me and my mother hostage. He proceeded to sexually assault my mother, groping her breasts infront of my father. He wanted to jump in, but he couldn't. If he moved even an inch my mom would die, I then lost my cool and jumped on the man, biting his shoulder, he threw me off instantly as he started kicking me, and then he grabbed the knife and started to scar my arm with cuts. My dad ran at him while he had his back turned. But when he tried to slice him, the man ended up moving out of the way, and stabbing my father in his stomach. Since I was injured and my father was dying... he took the liberty of raping my mom right in front of me, it was a horrid sight, hearing her screams as he forced himself on her. After he was done with her he killed her by slicing her neck open, leaving only me.

[POV: Nobody]

The imperial guard arrived on the scene after everything was done with. They found a boy, who seemed like every emotion he felt had been crushed, dead bodies all throughout the house,
and the dead father. As well as a mother with her clothes torn off, and a blanket over her dead body. They took the boy from the household and put him in a foster family so he would have a nice home. Seeing as the old one would bear too many memories.