59. I Need Somebody

Donghyuck has been lying on his bed staring at the ceiling for an hour already. He wasn't wasting time, he was thinking. As he felt like his thoughts are two much for him to handle, he called Renjun to join his thinking.

- Why are you calling at 8am?

- Good morning to you too, Injunie.

- Morning.

- Did I wake you up.

- Nah, I was just aimlessly lying on my bed and looking at the ceiling.

- That's exactly what I was doing just now!- Donghyuck exclaimed making Renjun giggle.

- What happened?

- Nothing, why are you asking?

- I thought something happened since you called me.

- Well yeah, kind of. I can't make up my mind about something.

- What is it Hyuck?

- I don't know who I should go to prom with!- Donghyuck whined as it was the thing that he's been thinking about for the last hour.

- Ah, I see. What about Mark?

- NO. I mean no. I would love to go with him but I can't ask him to be my prom date. I would definitely agree if he asks me though.

- Are you playing hard to get you dumbass?

- No, that's not what I'm saying. I just can't ask him to be my prom date because anytime anything other than platonic happens between us, Mark panics and hurts me.

- Oh. Ask him to be your prom friend then.

- Are you dumb?

- Your relationship with your crush is dumb. If he really was your friend, he would go to prom with you without a prom-blem.

- First of all, you're not allowed to make puns because they're so horrible I almost cried. Second of all, you're my friend too, would you go to the prom with me?

- No. But the thing is. I don't want to go there with anybody. This is more of a location issue not a personal one.

- So you really aren't coming to the prom with us?

- Yeap, I'm not.

- Just because your half German sausage ex left you, you're not gonna have fun with your friends?

There was silence at the other end and Donghyuck stared at his phone screen in confusion. He then sighed, pressed a few numbers and put the phone back to his ear.

- Why did you hang up, asshole?

- You were being annoying.

- So are you. Come on, have fun with us! You'll go to the prom with the Lee Haechan.

- I don't want to go to the prom with anyone but the Liu Yangyang.

- You haven't even talked since you broke up and he went back to China. Not a single word. Come have fun with us Injunie.

- Hyuck, no.

- But I need somebody!- Donghyuck whined again.

- Then find somebody else.

- Who?! Oh... Listen, I have some weird tea to spill. You know Sunwoo. The one that's besties with the LA boy.

- His name's Eric.

- No, his name is Sunwoo.

- No, dumbass. I meant the LA boy.

- Oh, okay. So Sunwoo has been smiling at me whenever we cross paths in the hallway. I don't know what's that about but maybe he likes me? Do you think I could ask him to be my prom date?