Happier (pt 2 to Enough for You)

Hey! This is a part 2 to the previous "chapter".
It's another songfic, as well as based on another song by Olivia Rodrigo: happier. Part 3 won't be based on an Olivia Rodrigo song, I promise!
This is another kind of sad chapter, continuing to relate to the breakup of the previous chapter.
If you haven't read that part, please do! This chapter will make way more sense if you do! (Also, I'm not changing the she/girl/her to 'him'. I'm very lazy. And then I'd have to change lyrics.)

It had been more than a month since Grian and Mumbo broke up. And now Mumbo was really lonely; Iskall and Grian were dating. Both people he liked, left him behind for each other instead.

We broke up a month ago. Your friends are mine, you know I know you've moved on, found someone new. One more girl who brings out the better in you.

He saw them together everywhere he went. He wasn't able to get away from them.

And I thought my heart was attached to all the sunlight of our past.

Mumbo remembered all the time he and Grian had spent together. He watched as Grian would go with Iskall to places they used to hang out together.

Really, they weren't any particularly special places... Because they were all over the place... But he would watch the way Grian laughed like he did when they were together.

But she's so sweet, she's so pretty... Does she mean you forgot about me?
I hope you're happy. Just not like how you were with me.

Of course he was just as happy as he was with Mumbo. Mumbo was almost convinced Grian seemed happier than before.

I'm selfish, I know. I can't let you go. So find someone great but don't find no one better... I hope you're happy, but don't be happier...

"Why, why?! Why did I have to be so stupid?" Mumbo yelled at himself. "You said stupid things, did stupid things! You fell for someone else while you were with him! You idiot!"

He cried, staring at himself in the mirror.

And do you tell her she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen? And eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean. Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?

"You knew he was in love with you! You know what he told you was true. He would never lie. You were the liar!" Mumbo fell slowly to his knees, now looking to the ceiling.

He wanted the feeling to go away. The pain. The hurt. The guilt...

And now I'm picking her apart. Like cutting her down, make you miss my wretched heart. But she's beautiful; she looks kind... She probably gives you butterflies!

Mumbo couldn't stand to go outside his house anymore. He knew Grian so well; he would watch his every move and see it was the same way he acted with him.

He only went out once a week. Early in the morning, hoping not to see anyone.

He received messages, piles of messages, from people checking if he was okay. He left all of them on read. He didn't want to talk to anyone but Grian. But he still knew it was too late to talk to Grian. He knew he would never get a second chance.

I hope you're happy. Just not like how you were with me. I'm selfish, I know. I can't let you go, so find someone great but don't find no one better. I hope you're happy; I wish you all the best, really. Say you love her baby, just not how you loved me.

"I love you Grian..."

"I- I love you too, Iskall."

Mumbo watched as the two said the three words to each other for the first time. He remembered when it was him and Grian.

{Flashback} 

"M-Mumbo?"

"Yes Grian?" Mumbo gave Grian his full attention.

"I uh... I..."

"Hmm?"

"I- I love you, Mumbo... I really do..."

He smiled softly at the blond boy. "I love you too, Gri. More than anyone or anything."

They shared a sweet kiss, both of them hoping it would never end.

{Back to present time}

Why was it that Grian ended up with Iskall? This wasn't how it was in the movies.

Mumbo should've ended up with Iskall.

It was supposed to turn out something like Grian being that bad guy the entire time. And Iskall would realize how much he loved Mumbo. And they would end up together, and Grian would be heartbroken.

That's how the movies were.

Life isn't a movie, though.

I hope you're happy... Just not like how you were with me... I'm selfish, I know. I can't let you go... So find someone great, but don't find no one better.
I hope you're happy... But don't be happier...

Mumbo had been thinking he wanted to talk to Grian. Confess he was all wrong. That he still loved Grian. He was over Iskall. Ready to be with just him. No more other people, just Grian and only Grian.

After a week of debating, Mumbo got the courage to go to Grian's door.

"Uh... Grian? It's Mumbo..."

Mumbo knocked on the door slowly.

Grian got up and walked to the door, opening it with almost no sound.

"Oh, Mumbo. Long time no see... How've you been?"

"Uh... I've been good. And uh, how about you? You and Iskall are pretty serious... Aren't you?"

"Yeah, we are..."

"I.... Uh... I know I may be a bit late to say this... But I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. And I know you're with Iskall now. And you're happy, and I'm happy for the both of you! But Gri... I really miss you. I miss when it was us. Me and you. I understand, you're happy where you are now. But, if you're ever willing to give me a second chance... Please let me know?"

And that's it for this part! Hopefully I'll be able to get part 3 done soon, but I'm not sure yet (cause I haven't picked a song).

Hope all your summers are going well!!!

Bye for now <3