4| The Depths All Over Again

Seven POV
I stared at the water. It can't be.. I electrocuted it. Her? I don't care anymore.

"Sev?" Nine asked. "You alright..?"

I shook my head as a response and pointed at the part of the water that was bubbling.

"What is it?" he asked.

"The Granny.." I replied.

Nine jumped in the water. The fuck was he thinking?!

There was nothing floating on the water. The only way to get past was to swim, and the dry platform was very far from where they were.

"Hey, didn't we kill that thing?" Mono asked. "We pushed the TV down the water and then it got electrocuted, didn't it?"

"Y-yeah.." I replied, still staring at the depths. "I know the monsters here are hard to kill, but I didn't know it would be this hard!"

I searched for my friend in the waters.

No. Nononononononononononono! I thought. Nine, where did you go?

"Nine!" I called out. "Nine, where are you?!"

I got closer to the edge of the platform.

"Seven, what are you doing?" Mono asked cautiously.

"I have to find Nine!"

"What if it got him?!" Mono said. "You'd be dead, too!"

"There's no way he'd let that thing kill him.." I told him.

Six was jealous that I kept getting Mono's attention. She walked over to me. I was cautious.

"Let me give you a push..!" she whispered.

She smirked as she put her hands on my chest. That made me uncomfortable. As I was about to pry her hands off, she suddenly pushed me down into the water.

"SEVEN!" Mono shouted.

No POV
Mono ran to the edge and jumped into the water to look for Seven.

Six's eyes grew wide as she forgot that Mono was there. She dived into the water.

Mono searched for Seven underwater, but to no avail.

I hope Nine found him. He thought.

He looked up and saw a gigantic figure swimming towards him.

What is that?! Fuck. Don't tell me that's the Granny. He thought.

Mono began swimming as fast as he could. He went to the top of the water and kept swimming forward. He caught a sight of Six.

Six saw him and swam towards him. However, Mono swam faster as he didn't want to be near her right now, also because the Granny was at their tail.

Six realised that and swam faster, too. She dived underwater to catch a glimpse of the Granny. Unfortunately, she didn't, but she did see someone else.

Seven. She thought.

Unconsciously, Six swam towards him and grabbed his arm, swinging him onto her back and continued swimming forward.

She felt her hands hit a wall and went to the surface of the water. She climbed up the platform just in time before the Granny's hand grabbed her or Seven.

Six laid Seven down on the platform's surface.

"Six! What the hell's wrong with you?!" Mono shouted.