The Park

School finally finished and I went to the park. It's where I usually go. It's quiet, and has wifi so I can code.

I sat at my usual table, alone. Before I could get anything out of my bag, I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh, hey! It's you."

I whipped around to see Dream standing behind me. He had a black jacket on and a hoodie under. He must've changed.

"Oh, h-hi Dream. Did you...need something?"
"No, I was just walking around and noticed you. Wanna join?" He held out his hand. I hesitated for a moment before grabbing him. He pulled me up and let go of me. "Just a walk around the park or two?"

I looked down at the laptop in my bag. I wouldn't mind getting out of some homework.

"Sure. That sounds nice."

We walked for a while. I asked him what he did at school, and of course he was into sports, (stereo-typical white boy..) but he was also really good at English apparently. I mean. It's just words. What's so hard about that? He then asked what I did.

"Me? oh. uhm, I'm in a computer class. You know, coding and shit. It's geeky I know, go ahead- call me a nerd like everyone else" I pouted.

"Nerd? Nah, that's not nerdy. That's cool. You make games?"

Not just games, but I nodded.

"That's dope. Dude! You should teach me!" What? He wanted to learn?

"Y-you wouldn't want to learn from me. Im not that great." He shoved me jokingly. "Of course I do! Plus, I wouldn't mind hanging out with you more. You seem nice." What. I stared into his eyes for a good 5 seconds. "I- I um. ok. sure. You can come over,,Saturday? Is..that ok?" He nodded. "Here, give me your number so I can text you. It was nice talking to you! Oh- what's your name again?" "George." "Alright! It was nice talking George!" He waved and sprinted away. I stood in place watching him leave.

Was I in a trance? What the hell was happening? I walked back home, it was already pretty late so I went directly to bed. I tried to sleep but..he was still on my mind. Why? Why him? I stayed confused and upset until it clicked in my head. "Oh fuck." I slapped my self. "Oh nonononono. REALLY? I fell in love with the most basic white boy???" I slammed my head against the wall and groaned. You can't be fucking serious.