The Dreaded Dress

Austin and I head for the dresses. "Which color are you looking for?" Austin says, skimming through the dresses. 

"Umm..." I say. "a blue, purple, or gold." I say.

 "Okay, you go look at the purples and I'll look at the gold ones. Then we will both look at the blues." He says, and then we walk towards our color. My attention automatically goes to a long, ruffled lilac color dress with metal diamonds along the sweetheart neckline. 

"Austin!" I yell. 

"What?" I hear him yell. 

"What about this one?" I see his head bop up from the racks of dresses. 

"You are so trying that one on!" he said, trying to mock a snotty girl tone. I laugh and hold the dress. I skim through three racks to find nothing that catches my eye. Finally I give up and walk over to the gold dresses.

 "Austin?" I say. "Austin??" I can't find him. Ugh. He probably left to go to H&M or something. Then I feel myself being lifted off the ground. 

"AHHH" I yell. I hear Austin's recognizable dinosaur rawr. "Austin!!!" I yell smacking him. "Put me down you little butt-muncher!!" that's what I called him when we were younger cause I didn't want to swear.

 "Okay! You didn't have to go as far as calling me butt-muncher." He says as he puts me down. He acted wounded.  

"I'm sorry Austin you're not a butt-muncher." I said hugging him. 

"Thank you for saying sorry but that doesn't make up for that." He said puckering his lips. I rolled my eyes and planted a kiss on his lips. I pulled away and started running towards the dressing room.

 "Can you stand outside of the door while I change?" I asked Austin.

 "Yeah, why?" he asked. I stared at him trying to come up with an answer that would make him do it if he didn't want to.

 "Because I highly doubt you want a thirsty guy walking in on me changing now do you?" I say smirking. He just rolled his eyes, picked me up, and put me down in the dressing room and closed the door. "Austin..?" I say knocking quietly on the dressing room door. 

"What?" he says, with a slightly annoyed tone.

 "Are you mad at me?" I say quietly. I didn't want to speak too loud.. I don't know why. It's this thing of when I think someone is mad at me or I feel guilty I speak softly. He opens the door and looks down at me.

 "No, why would I be mad at you? And even if I was I wouldn't be able to stay mad at you for long at all." He says smiling. I smile back and hug him. I bury my head into his chest and sigh. I pull away and slide back into the dressing room and lock the door. I look at myself in the body mirror. My smile fades as soon as I look at myself. Why would he date me? I'm not good enough. He deserves way better than me. His fans are gorgeous and he chooses me. I don't understand. I took off my tank top and threw it onto the chair. I took off my shorts off and threw them on the chair too. Now I can try on this dress. I unzip the back and slip it on without any trouble thankfully. I remember going dress shopping for future prom dresses but I would always choose the wrong size and either it would fall right off of me or I'd need help getting the dumb thing off. But luckily I picked the right size this time. After finally zipping it up, I look at myself in the mirror. Wow. I look skinnier in it, it brings out my tannish skin tone, and it's pretty, almost too pretty for me to wear. I hear a knock on the door. 

"Are you almost done in there Claire?" I could tell Austin was getting impatient, so I unlocked the door and self-consciously stepped out to where Austin could see me.

*AUTHORS NOTE* 

Hey! So i've been working hard to try to get some of the story done... I managed to get chapter 5 done obviously so i'm pround of myself for that. I love love love how many views/reads im getting on this book... even though i dont know if some people glanced at the words or actually read it... i also dont know how many people are reading from chapter one to the updated chapters cause the views/reads on each chapter are different so yeah... if you have read the book from start to now, please comment. also comment if you have read just one chapter. No, you wont be in trouble haha. But THANK YOU to everyone who has read it, even if it's just a chapter. Love ya McCoyers (that's what i'm calling you guys whgo read the book, if you have a better name speak now or forver hold your piece.)  

        XOXO

                      ~Bekah~