Safe and Sound

Austin and his mom were the only people that cared, and then they moved away. They were gone for 2 years. 2 years of paradise for them, 2 years of torture for me. I wasn't about to put up with that any longer than I had to. He just stared at me wide eyed. I was still crying. I mean, you just told your best friend that you were going to kill yourself, and he's freaking out and doesn't know what to do about it. So of course I'm going to cry.

 "Claire... You can't leave. You can't give up. I care about you, and while I was gone, I was worried. About you, how you were doing. I missed you, and now that I'm back, I'm not gonna lose you." I didn't know what to say. He was upset that he moved away? I mean sure he was sad he left me but I thought he would get over it by now. 

"Austin, I cant do this anymore, I just ca-" I felt big arms around me. When I'm in his arms, I feel safe. I feel like I really have a home.

 "Claire, you can. You can do it, because I'm going to be right here with you and I'm not going to leave you again." I look up at his and he looks at me with those caring brown eyes. I snuggle my head into his chest. He picks me up like a baby and sits down on the couch, with my head on his lap.

 "Austin." I hear his mom Michele say. 

"Hm?" 

"I over heard you guys talking.. about her mom being a drunk and abusive... I think it would be best if she moved in with us." there was a moment of silence. 

"Yeah, I think that would probably be the best for her." I hear Austin say. 

I hear a loud crash. I sit straight up. "What the heck was that?!?" I yell.

 "Sorry C-girl. I dropped some pans!" I hear Austin yell back. I groggily get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen. "How you feeling?" Austin says with a big smile. 

"I'm doing okay." I say and smile back. "Okay, so with a couple of nasty word fights, my mom finally got your mom to let you move in with us. You'll be staying in my room. I'll sleep on the couch." Austin says. I scream with excitement. 

"Really?!?" I yell. 

"Yes Claire." Austin says laughing. I run over to him and jump in his arms. "Woah!" he laughs. He spins me around and then puts me down. I swear that's the biggest smile I've smiled in a long time. And it was a real smile. "So jumpy, what do you want for breakfast?" Austin asks. 

"Ummm... PANCAKES" I yell. 

"Okay haha, sounds good!" 

"Oh crap!" I yell 

"What??" Austin says worriedly.

 "I need clothes!" he just laughs. 

"What? It's a real girl emergency!!" 

"Okay, okay. We will go to the mall after breakfast." He says. 

"Okay!" I start to run to the stairs to do my hair and brush my teeth. "Hey Austin?" I yell towards the kitchen. 

"Yeah?" I hear him yell back. 

"Can I borrow one of your sweatshirts?" 

"Yeah! Take my basketball Jersey, and put on a sweatshirt over it!" he yells back. I run up the stairs and I see Michele. I run up to her and give her a big hug.

 "Hey Claire!" she says. "How are you doing?" she asks with a big smile. 

"I'm doing amazing!!!" I say enthusiastically. I run past her into Austin's room. "I need a sweatshirt..." I say to myself after I put on his jersey.

 "Ah, I'll wear his "Mahone University"' sweatshirt. God he's a nerd. I throw that on and run downstairs and into Austin. "OW!" I yell after I fall back and hit my head on the steps.

 "Oh my god Claire are you okay??" he practically yells. 

"I'm okay Austin." I laugh. "Don't be so scared when I fall." He just looks me straight in the eyes.

 "I don't want you to fall." And then he slams his lips to mine. Fireworks instantly. I know some people say that true loves kiss is just some childs fairytale, but after this kiss, I assure you it's not at all. He pulls away looking red. "I.. I'm.. I'm sorry.." He says, but before he could say my name I smash my lips against his. You know, just to reassure him that he did nothing wrong. I pull away and smile. He smiles the biggest smile I think I've ever seen.

*~AUTHORS NOTE*~

Hey! i found out that i had chapter 2 already finished so i thought i would upload that tonight too, ya know, just cause i have nothing else to do. I hope you all (Depending on how many of you are there) love my story so far and will comment and please vote? It would mean the world! Thank you!! <3

XOXO 

        -Bekah-