Chapter II

Oh, what fun it is to mess with the Cappers. Do not ask me why they are called that, for I do not know... All I know is that the Cappers are the... Well... "Watch guards" of this place. This 'place' is called, HMIM. In other words; Hall's Mental Institution for Women. It's a lovely sounding place isn't it?

Hm. Enough pondering and daydreaming Anna! It's time for buisness!

By buisness, I mean going to the toilets to get changed. Fun, fun, fun!

As I walked through the empty corridor, I felt a strange presense. Something unknown to me... I took a long sniff... It smelt of must, mold and lemon disinfectant... And something else... I couldn't quite put my finger on it, so I went off again. Clip clopping in my boots, making an echo across the corridor as I walked, and it disturbed some 'sleeping' patients.

"What's that racket?" A voice asked. It was a shy voice, but obviously whoever she was, shy or not, she didn't like to be woken up.

"It's my boots." I answered, stomping on the spot, making sure she knew they were the 'racket'.

"Well, could you tell your boots to shut up!" she stopped. I heard her gasp, and eventually whispered a faint, "Please...?"

"Why of course!" I replied, grinning like a fool. "Excuse me, Mr Boot, please be quiet. There are patients that need their sleep!" then I giggled. "And Mrs Boot, don't let Mr Boot boss you around all the time!" I shouted, and pretending my boots were fighting.

"Please, be quiet." the girl said to me again.

"Apologies ma'am." I said, taking a bow. I then took off my boots and tip-toed away.