royalty and denial.

snf day four: royalty au
never wrote one of these before so enjoy !!

So many people rave about England. The heavy fogs, constant rain, and rolling green hills are romantic. The architecture is either quaint, or awe-inspiring. The people and the accents are charming, the tea and scones are delicious. London is one of those "must see" cities, and you'll never want to leave.

Sapnap thinks all of this is a lie. He hates England the moment he sees it. Right now, he's sitting in the backseat of a town car as it drives him, his mother, and his horrible new stepfather through the streets of London. He's barely paying attention to the landmarks. Buckingham Palace and St. Paul's are overrated anyway.

Instead, he's glowering, trying to tune out his mother as she chatters on about how much he's going to love Chris White's beautiful estate. Sapnap is certain that he's going to despise the estate, because well, he hates everything Chris White stands for. Right now, he's not even his mother's biggest fan, because she started this whole mess.

It was just going to be a "little trip to England." Next thing Sapnap knew, she was announcing her engagement to the "true love of her life." His mother has always been a social climber, having a dozen broken engagements since his parents' divorce. Sapnap would take any of these previous men over Chris White though. His new stepfather has made international tabloids for his antics, including attempting to crash Royal Family functions by attempting to pose as a pizza delivery man, having a collection of over five hundred teddy bears, and generally being insane.

That's not the worst part though. Before this, he had been happy, despite his crazy mother. He'd been living with his dads in Florida, the land of year long eighty degree weather, gorgeous beaches, and Disney World (which everyone knows is the happiest place on Earth). Somehow though -- Sapnap doesn't even know, and partially suspects Chris White of bribery of some kind -- his mother has taken him to live in England for a year, to "bond" with his new stepfather and get to know "the proper life a British aristocrat."

Sapnap would rather stick needles in his eyes than attend a polo match or go to the school his mother has picked out for him (what the fuck is Eton anyway?), but because he's sixteen, there's nothing he can do about it. He can't wait until he's eighteen. On that day, he's planning on changing his name and moving to a private island in the South Pacific, where Chris White and his teddy bears can never find him.

His mother excitedly screeches something about being ten minutes away from darling White's house.

"Great," Sapnap mutters under his breath. "Ten minutes away from Hell."

--

Sapnap has changed his mind.

Chris White's house isn't hell. It might come close, but no.

Eton is hell. Sapnap gives them props. Hell is cleverly disguised as an age-old boys boarding school, but appearances are deceiving.

For one thing, they have to wear uniforms. Hideous blue blazers and button down shirts. Every hour of the day is regulated for studying or sports or homework. They all have to meet with tutors, and you get detention for talking back.

Sapnap gets detention a lot.

Being stuck "writing lines" almost every day isn't why Eton is hell though. It's the people. All of the boys are stuffy brats, from aristocratic families. They talk about their polo ponies and summer trips to Greece and who saw so-and-so at what garden party, and Sapnap can hardly stand it. He doesn't even know what to say half the time (apart from snapping that polo seems like the dumbest and most pointless sport of all time, which hasn't made him very popular). None of them know about Florida, about palm trees or jacaranda blossoms or the bright blue of the Atlantic. Instead, they had asked him if he'd ever been to Harry Potter World -- which of course he has.