Chapter 3

"So, what's the deal with you and Jennie?" Jungkook probed as they made their way to the patients ward.

...

Jisoo officially met Jungkook on the 3rd year of med school. She had known him previously as he was an excelling student in academics but had never talked to him prior to this.

Jisoo in general was a very quiet person. She liked her space and avoided social interactions to the best of her ability. The only person she ever talked to was Lisa. This was not because she had a special liking for her. It was solely because of Lisa's understanding of her.

Lisa understood Jisoo better than her parents or anybody in this world. By understanding Jisoo, it means when to talk to her, when not to, when to mock her, when to stop, when to help, when to slap her and so on. She would stick with Jisoo but not invade her personal space. All of this plus the fact that she was funny was enough reason for Jisoo to accept her. Lisa being extremely knowledgeable in medicine was just an add on. All of this was the plus side of being friends with Lisa.

The downside was Jungkook.

Jisoo knew Lisa was dating some guy in their class since the beginning of the second semester but never bothered to know who. She didn't ask and Lisa didn't tell and life was peaceful.

But one day a man approaches her with a box full of Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes and an apologetic look on his face. At a glance Jisoo could tell it was 'The boyfriend'. Jisoo was a pretty woman. A very pretty woman to be precise. Many men have tried to court her. A man with cakes and chocolates was quite a common appearance to her. She could've easily mistaken him for a potential lover. But the apologetic look with a pinch of desperation on his face gave it away.

If the saying ' The way to a man's heart is through the stomach.' is true. Then in their case ' The way to a woman's heart is through her friend's stomach.' is a fact. And this set of cupcakes were the first of the many that followed in the past 3 years.

All in all the relationship between the two were more like a contract. He gives her cupcakes and she in turn gives Lisa biased advice.

...

"If I wanted to talk about it I would've brought it up." Jisoo answered and walked out the elevator.

Jungkook wasn't expecting anything less, so he walked out unbothered following Jisoo towards the patient's room.

"Family members?" Jungkook inquired about Joy.

"She's got a girlfriend. Wendy or something." Jisoo replied looking through the files.

Jungkook suddenly had a thought. He felt like he just solved a mystery and this was his missing puzzle piece.

" Ooooh.. Is that why Jennie is mad?" Jungkook gave her a sly smile while reading her expression. "But hitting on a patient's girlfriend is a little overboard even for you. Don't you think?" Jungkook continued taunting her.

"Provoking me isn't going to get you answers Kook. But angering me will get you sleeping on her couch. So think twice before messing with me. Alright?" Jisoo cautioned him with a straight face and patted him twice on the back for emphasis.

Jungkook scoffed and mumbled something along the lines of scalpel and death before following her.

"Joy.." Jisoo called out. There was no response.

"Joy!!" Jungkook yelled.

Joy opened her eyes. "You fell asleep." Jisoo informed her.