Chapter 2

When Lisa was two months into her internship the hospital established a special diagnosing team. Since Chung-ahn University hospital was not just popular in Seoul but all over Korea, patients with undiagnosable conditions often end up here. This special team comprised of selected interns, residents and a supervising doctor.

Lisa was undoubtedly a part of this team. She was a quick thinker and had a photographic memory. Her ability to recognize the implications of the information at hand and to put it into a broader context proved to be very useful in diagnosing uncommon illnesses.

Jungkook who studied in the same University as her, was always the smart kid in the class. He would pay attention, take notes and most of all practice. He has great practical skills and is often appreciated for his precision. When selecting the team Jungkook was one of the top choices.

Along with him Jisoo and Jennie were the top choices. However Jisoo was the only other intern who was selected with Jungkook and Lisa. Jennie didn't have any hard feelings though, as the team was fluid whenever they needed an extra hand Jennie would join them.

Jisoo was the silent genius. She would talk only when necessary and always had a calm demeanor. But this is only when she is diagnosing illnesses if not she's quite chatty. She's well known for her snarky and witty remarks, which led to the special bond between her and Jennie.

Taehyung on the other hand was the only senior resident on the team. He was the brightest kid of his batch and was very efficient when it came to tasks. Being the only senior among them all he was the unofficial leader of the team. He would make the final choices in the absence of their supervising doctor, which was almost always as they had confidence in this team. Aside from the part of making choices he never behaved like a leader. He was very friendly and was easily approachable.

And that concludes all the members of the special diagnosing team of the Chung-ahn University hospital.

Right now Lisa, Jungkook and Taehyung are waiting for Jisoo. They paged her 10 minutes ago but she's still not here. When Lisa was getting ready to go find her, the door opened revealing the all mighty Jisoo.

" Where were you? We've been paging you for quite some time now." Lisa asked pulling a chair for the new comer.

" Clinic duty. " Jisoo replied curtly sitting down before pulling out the file to read. She tried to look as nonchalant as possible on the outside so that she could conceal the rage caused by Jennie.

After clinic duty Jisoo cornered Jennie to have an actual conversation regarding her concerns but Jennie wouldn't even spare her a glance. Jisoo was persistent though and that led to her being late.

" 25 Year old female, hasn't slept for ten days." Lisa said turning to face Jisoo.

" I assume the ER tried giving her some sedatives. We should up the dosage." Jisoo said while quickly scanning the information on the file.

Taehyung objected " Sedation isn't the same as sleep."

Jisoo turned to Taehyung, her gaze sharp " Thank you for your insight. For someone who hasn't slept for ten days, sedation is a great start."

" Sleep is an active process, reboots the system, restores the brain. Sedatives don't-" Taehyung was cut off.

" The brain is being stressed, we need to relieve that." Jisoo was visibly annoyed.

While the two were quaralling Lisa had got up to refill her coffee " No fever, no white count means no infection." She said pouring the steaming drink into her mug. Lisa did not care if the patient should be sedated or not. She cared about the diagnosis.