Chapter 4: Past Life

Chapter 4:

I looked over to Jarred. There was no way that this was going to happen. He had a somber look on his face.

"Jarred" I said.

He looked at me.

"What's going to happen to us Kate?"

"I don't know"

Tears brimmed his eyes and mine too.

"How about we message each other every day?" I suggested.

He shrugged, "it's going to be a whole year. Enjoy yourself, your a senior now."

I nodded, but I still didn't want him to leave. Even though he was annoying at times, he was also very sweet.

_ _ _ _ _

The whole week was spent with Jarred, packing for him even, just so we could be together. When he finally left, I slunk back into my room.

My parents were worried, I knew, but I was determined to spent the whole weekend in my room.

There was a knock on the door.

"Leave me alone" I yelled.

The door opened.

"I bet your were too depressed to notice I got back" my friend Mei said.

I smiled a little as she came up to me and gave me a hug.

"How was the trip?" I asked.

She shrugged, "it was fun, but my mom started getting sick and we almost had to leave early."

"Oh" I said.

"So, your mom gave me the update on what's happening. I think that you should just get over it"

I looked at her.

"Didn't he say for you to go on with your life?"

I nodded.

"Then lets go!"

She dragged me out of my bed and helped get me dressed as we got ready to go to the mall. As we left, I started felling a little better.

When we got to the mall, Mei told me that we were going to have a shopping spree, on her. I rolled my eyes as she pulled out her credit card with a maniacal grin. Mei's parents were both extremely rich and Mei worked at her mother's salon, but got paid an outrageously obscene amount of money.

As we shopped, it was fun to see all the guys around staring at us. I have to admit I'm popular and well wanted by a lot of people. I had a tan that I tried hard to maintain and kung fu kept me thin. Mei on the other hand, was gorgeous. Her natural flawless skin and her long sleek black hair made her on all the boys' hit list, but she never dated. She also did kung fu, and was amazing, so she was extremely thin and standing two inches taller than me, her 5'10 height could make her intimidating. When we got out of yet another shop robbed of short skirts and shoes, I saw Ying heading out of a weapons shop across the plaza. I tried to steer Mei away, but she insisted to go to her favorite ice cream shop next to the weapons store.

"Can we please not go this time?" I begged.

"Why not? I want ice cream" she had a look on her face that told me she wasn't going to budge.

"Fine" I said, "the new kid is there"

She looked around, but couldn't find him. "Where? I want to meet him. Maybe we could hook you up." She said nudging me.

"He's right there," I said pointing. She looked over at him and he was looking our way.

Mei dropped her bags.