Chapter 6

"Mario and Luigi again! Toast, did you bring the salsa?" Ghost said in her feminine voice.

"Yes, sir."

Ghost smiled at him, "Thanks."

The group of two Toasts and two Ghosts (Emily had stayed at home and Pear had gone off somewhere) went up to the front door. The only sounds were that of "Waffles!" And "Spaghetti!".

"But, sir." The newly arrived Toast said, "Don't you have to beat them at their own game to get them away?"

"Yeah..." Other Ghost said, "But it's always good to have salsa on hand..."

The Ghost and Toast nodded.

Gertrude opened the door, "Johnny! Again? And...Johnny?" She'd caught sight of the second Ghost and Toast, "Who...?"

"Long story." Ghost replied, "Where's the ghosts?"

"I think Spencer got there first. He's playing Mario Kart with them now, just like you did last time."

"Looks like we're not really needed then..."

"Jenny? You're back!" Spencer's lisp carried through the corridor as he ran up to them, "Why are you so young?"

"Long story..." Johnny repeated.

"Jenny?" The second Ghost said.

"Long story..."

"Wait, why are there two Toasts?"

"Just...long story."

"Well, sir. We should be going now." One of the Toasts said. Ghost had lost track of which was which.

"Yeah..." He really didn't know what to make of the situation, so decided that that would be a good idea.

"Okay...well, I'll see you later, Jenny?" Spencer asked hopefully.

"Sure..." The female Ghost replied. She smiled a bit at him before turning, pulling an awkward face, and leaving. She was soon followed by the rest of the group.

"False alarm?"

Pear hopped out from behind a bush, "I found out why Papa has Emily's number!"

Ghost stepped quickly backwards, startled, bumping into Spencer who, not being as stable as everyone else, fell over, catching his finger on the plant by the door that Sally had placed earlier. Knowing Sally, one might realise that that wasn't a good thing.

"Ow!"

The plant bit down on Spencer's finger, not managing to bite it off, but still drawing blood.

Both Toast's eyes widened. Since this dimension's Ghost was so far away, she didn't see the blood, thankfully. But that didn't stop the other one.

"I'm sorry!" Pear called from up ahead as Ghost collapsed on the ground.

"Stab..." He murmured, "Stab, stab!" His eyes shot open. They were bright red.

"Jimmy Casket!" Ghost said, "But you're..."

"That's my secret! I can't let anyone know my secret! Even if they are," He snickered, "me."

"I'm not you!"

"Well...according to my calculations of simple logic even you should be able to work out..." Jimmy grinned, "You really don't know! I hid it from you too, then!" He laughed, an insane laugh, and pulled out a knife, "Knifey wants to do his job! I think I'll help him."

During Jimmy's mini monologue, the fifteen year old Ghost's eyes had been filling with realisation, "That's why I'm always unconscious when he comes...and I'm always injured..." He, too, collapsed on the ground.

During this very dramatic conversation, everyone was awkwardly standing on the side. Both Toasts seemed especially uncomfortable. The second Toast assumed that, like him, he'd known about Ghost's small killing sprees. They took a glance at each other, not really knowing how two Caskets should be handled.

"Argh! I'm a girl! Again!" She looked up to see the normal version of herself, "Did you do this?! Or was it Maxwell?"

"I don't know! Why'd you ask me?"

"Because you're me!" She looked and grinned at the Toasts. Emily had slowly been edging towards them, "I think I'm going to go out for a bit. See you!" She glanced at the other Casket, "Coming?"

He grinned and nodded, quickly following after his counterpart.

Pear blinked, "Well that escalated quickly."

______________________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here!

Sorry I haven't updated in a bit. I've discovered once again that managing two stories is hard! And that teachers know how to set the longest assignments just before the holidays, so you have to stuff everything in and have zero time.

So I've decided that, unless you guys want one of my stories to be put on hold, I'll update one chapter of one of my books per week. Not necessarily alternating, but still one chapter. I may even be transferring my stories from my Morgana334 account over to this one, so I'll have to hope that they get good reads :)

Well, hope your day's cooler than Davey! :D

Naomi xxx