Chapter 3

"Since when was the base so awesome! It's a proper house!" Ghost said in awe.

"Well, you bought it. I'd hope you'd like it..." Kris muttered.

"Yeah, well..." The second Ghost trailed off, a bit unsure of what to say.

"Go upstairs, first door on the right and you'll find where you'll be staying." Kris said, "But first thing's first. DEZY?!" She yelled up the stairs.

"Yes, Kris?" A girl appeared at the top of the stairs. Then she noticed the multiple Johnnys, "Who're they?! Did you find a cloning machine?" She grinned, "Can I use it? That'd be cool!"

"No. There is no cloning machine." Toast sighed, "Otherwise I'm sure Ms. Krate-"

"Kris!" Kris put in.

"-Kris would have used it too. We don't know where they came from."

"Hmm..." Dezy thought for a moment, "Maybe they're your long lost brothers?"

"I don't think so..." Ghost 2 said, "They're both so similar to us its creepy."

"Oh! I know!" Dezy said, "Maybe they're from a whole different dimension!"

"What?!" Kris sighed, "No, Dezy. That's not-"

"Actually, she may have a point." Toast said. It was now getting confusing just trying to talk to the second set of them, "Every choice we make contributes to the world around us. What if we made different decisions? Where would we be then? Probably just like these guys."

"Look. We really need to sort out who's who. I need to know which Ghost and Toast are the ones I know." Kris interupted his evaluation.

"You're right. Can you guys be Ghost and Toast two?" Ghost asked.

"Hang on now. This is our territory, and you are going to be Ghost and Toast two."

Ghost two sighed, "Fine. Just what is it with this dimension thing, Toast?"

"I think I get what you mean." Toast one said, "Have you ever heard of the theory that another dimension occurs whenever a decision is made; one for the choice you made and another for what would happen if you chose another option."

Dezy grinned, "That's awesome! I've heard about it happening before, but never seen it. I'll have a look in my book." She teleported down the stairs and went into a different room, presumably to find her book.

There was silence for a moment, before Toast one said, "Does anyone want some tea whilst we wait?"

"Yes, thank you, sir." Toast two agreed, then frowned. He'd started calling himself 'sir'. He must be going mad...

"It's this way to the kitchen." Ghost one moved past his duplicates and went into the kitchen, closely followed by his partner. Ghost and Toast two also slowly followed.

Toast one had already put the kettle on, "Do you think we should inform the Royal Siblings about this, sir?"

"I guess. They've had answers before."

"The Royal Siblings?"

"Don't you have them where you come from?"

Ghost two shook his head.

"Well...they're royal and they're siblings, I guess, ma'am." Toast one said, "We can go to see them after Dezy comes back."

As if on cue, Dezy came floating in, a book in her hands, "I've found something!" She placed the book open on the table and read out: "Dimensions. There are many different versions of each dimension...Blah blah blah...Each dimension is allocated a certain number..."

"Like dimension 13, where Prince Fang comes from." Ghost pointed out.

Dezy nodded, "Yeah, but apparently they're not just split up like that..." She continued reading, "Each whole number is a guideline to what each dimension consists of, like the original, but if a different person changes their view of that dimension, even in a subtle way, a new version this dimension is Dimension 2.1."

Ghost two could see that the number 2.1 took up the most of the second half of the page, and was in a box to make it stand out.

"Look, there. In small print." Kris pointed out.

"This number will stay true whatever dimension this page is in." Dezy said.

"That's cool." Ghost one said, "But doesn't that mean that we're not the original dimension...?"

"I guess so." Dezy replied.

"And since there's no double of me or Dezy...we're not really...real...?" Kris trailed off. Ghost one went over to hug her.

Ghost two blinked then ignored it. It was weird to see himself hugging someone as if they really really cared about them...but he had to remember it wasn't him.

"I'm okay." Kris pulled away. She looked at Ghost and Toast two, "We need to get you back."

____________________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here!
Okay, this story was more popular than I expected xD
I'm going to put it on a schedule! One chapter every 1.5 weeks! Here's how it'll work:
Basically, the first week, I'll update on Sunday, then the week after I'll update on the Wednesday after next, like S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S.
Hope this will be okay. If it gets even more support, I'll put it on a weekly schedule! :D
Hope your day's cooler than Bobby's ghost O.o
Naomi xxx