skateboardding with karl

It's gotten pretty late. The city lights are starting to turn on, neon signs illuminate the streets. You decided to go out tonight, but you didn't have much to do. Well this was a bust you decided to head home. you put your earbuds in, and start singing out loud. Unaware that your friend Karl has rode up beside you on his skateboard, you begin belting the lyrics to What makes you beautiful from One Direction, dancing as you go down the sidewalk. Karl begins singing with you, startling you. You turn to see his smiling face as the two of you duet the song. "What are you doing out so late?" He asks you, "It's not like you". "i tried to go out tonight but it was kind of a bust, so i'm heading home." you explain "WHAT?" He exclaims "Come on! There's lists to do on a Friday night! tell you what: Follow me!" He begins speeding up on his board, leaving you to run after him. You eventually catch up to him, where he shows you a skate park, lit up by lots of neon lights. He says they keep it open night, too, He then offers you a spare board and a helmet he had on him. You politely declined and start to walk away, but, being the kind of friend he is, he pulls you back. He's roped you into his lessons. No turning back now. Karl grabs a portable speaker and puts on a playlist of music similar to the songs you were listening to on your way home. He shows you the basics and gets you into the swings of things. Eventually the two of you are enjoying the night ride, doing all sorts of tricks, as well as screaming the lyrics to the songs playing on Karl's speaker. Eventually, it's gotten so late that the skate park is about to close. You hand Karl the board and helmet back, but he insists that you keep them, in case you need them later. You say your goodbyes, and you put your earbuds back in, continuing on your way home, this time on your new board.