Julia - 9

In the coming days, waves of news about the downfall of ScotCorps kept wreaking havoc in the stock market. Many major shareholders started to fervently sell out their shares, while their market price dropped rapidly.

Soon enough, the news of DarkCorps' acquisition of ScotCorps calmed the turbulent stock market. Many of the associates of ScotCorps breathed relieved to hear that ScotCorps would not end here. Instead, It would operate as a subsidiary of DarkCorps. They were elated to furthermore realize that by having ongoing projects with ScotCorps they had indirectly forged a connection to the mighty DarkCorps.

They rejoiced and partied, but the parties actually involved in the acquisition were mourning. Tony Scot felt like the hard work he put in his career had all been for naught. After building such a huge Corporation from the dust and making it a force to be reckoned, he had to finally hand the ownership over to somebody else.

Tony sat cradling a glass of wine. That's all he could think of doing after that phone call.

"I know how much ScotCorps means to you, and how dedicated you are to it. That's why I'm choosing to save it once again. If you wish, you can still be the presiding manager of the subsidiary branch. But don't think you can pull off any dirty tricks here." The offer and the warning had been clear. Tony could choose to be William's person. But then he would have no liberties. He would forever be William's henchman.

Tony scoffed, "Who wants to be your person? Go look for somebody with less dignity. I would never submit myself to anybody! Not now, not ever."

William's calm voice echoed over the phone. "This is a good chance for you to establish yourself all over again. You are being arrogant now. Call me once you have cooled down and thought this through." The phone beeped and Tony slouched onto the couch, exhausted.

The door opened, and in walked Mia, clad in a soft frilly dress. "Tony, did you talk with William? Can I visit him?"

Tony grit his teeth. 'Not this again...' "Mia, how about you give up on your ridiculous plan of marrying William Dark?"

Mia frowned, "What the hell? Why are you so unsupportive? Aren't you my brother? Is that what you are supposed to be telling me?" She questioned. Losing control of his rage, Tony lashed out, "Is that what I am supposed to be telling you? Mia Scot do you have any conscience? Are you even aware of what the fuck is going on?! Why are you so desperate for a married man?"

Mia gasped, her brother's anger foreign to her. Instead of placating him, though, Mia chose to stand her ground and stubbornly fight him head-on. "Aren't you being a chicken now? Look at William, he managed to hook up with that bitch while you only watched from the sidelines. He built such a huge empire while you made a shell of a company. Right now, shouldn't you be aiming to be his brother in law, instead of being such a wimp?"

Tony trembled with unspoken rage. "You have some guts to compare me and him." Tony's voice was dangerously low and Mia suddenly felt intimidated. "Did you know why I never chased after her? Because you didn't like her! I never acted on my love for Julia just because you disliked her so much! I ruined her family and her life just because you asked me to! To pave way for you! She still managed to climb back up despite that. And do you know why?" He asked venomously. "She climbed back up because she's genuinely talented. Nothing like a talentless, ignorant jerk like you. She managed to stand up unscraped because she married the right guy. Someone who wouldn't listen to his stupid twit of a sister and destroy her like I did. She was lucky she married William Dark. And guess what?" Tony chuckled at Mia's pale, piteous face, he knew not to be influenced by it now. "She's still married to him. They are a very happy family of three. And your desperate attempts to break that family won't work." Tony left for his bedroom, packing his bags and cleaning up the place. He decided to move out.