045

045

"what do they call these?" mel asked, holding onto a lead that sicheng claims can be eaten. "they taste minty."

"it's mint." the boy laughed, the two walking through an open park full of cherry blossom trees after randomly decided to hang out. its not like they were hanging out romantically, though mel would love the sound of that.

mel let the plant go, confused as to why there was a random garden in the middle of the park. perhaps it was a 'take what you need' kind of thing. "ew look at that squirrel!"

"why are you saying ew? yeah.. its a little deformed but it's still cute. kinda looks like it has emo bangs but still polite." mel shrugged, the two looking over at a squirrel who was happily running along. it didn't even look like a squirrel.

sicheng raised his eyebrows, tilting his head, "it looks like if my pete wentz and gerard way had a baby but then died in a car crash, so the baby had to be raised by the actors of modern family... and a dutch lesbian."

melanie laughed, confused at how his brain even managed to come up with that. she was even more confused at how she understood it. the girl hit his arm while laughing, "are you saying the squirrel looks lesbian?"

"i'm saying it looks like it got dressed by two moms, yes." he explained, the girl laughing harder at the fact that the squirrel didn't even have any clothes on. "it's name would be wendy."

"what? no no, it would be something weird like.. felicity.. i hate the name felicity.." mel shuddered, not even wanting to say the name. she looked up at sicheng, the boy waiting for an explanation as to why she has an obvious distaste towards the name. "when i was younger i wasnt allowed to watch horror movies so instead i read horror books— i know, what a loser— and i read this story of a girl named felicity who was in charge of her two younger brothers. the parents went out and when they came back both of the brothers were dead, laid on there bed. they couldn't find felicity for days but they could smell her rotting body, and they finally found her cut up in tiny little pieces in the drain of the kitchen sink... not as bad as i remembered it but still."

"excuse me, not as bad? that's terrifying! i'm pretty sure watching insidious is better than reading that at a growing age, what the hell. that felicity story sounds like a true crime thing." sicheng held his heart, disgusted by the story that she just told.

mel nodded, agreeing completely that she should've been allowed to watch horror movies. "definitely, my parents created a monster. when i finally watched horror movies i become obsessed, and now i'm one with the possessed demons."

"you like the conjuring a lot, right? wait okay— name the top five horror movies." sicheng interrupted himself, looking forward to see how she would list them.

mel rushed into a panic, trying to look for the folder of horror movies in her brain. "uh well, conjuring first obviously. it's a comfort movie.. conjuring two because.. okay and lets also throw in the most recent conjuring. OH— and lights out is pretty awful but good. i don't remember it much but i remember thinking it was super good. and anabelle."

"what about 'dont breathe', that ones intense." sicheng suggested, the movie quickly flashing in her head as she nodded. "it's kind of like hush and birdbox."

"those make me so anxious, but they're definitely so good. perfectly produced— oh and i like 'it' chapter one and two." mel smiled, the boy nodding.