055

055

jude and melanie finally arrived to their hotel room at midnight, enjoying the sight of the niagra falls but both agreeing they expected much more. still, for a randomly planned trip, it was amazing.

the two showered and as the time for bed approached, melanie climbed into jude's bed.

the boy was ready to go to sleep, but melanie tickled his back and tried to keep him up. luckily for her, he was  easily convinced.

jude sat like melanie on the bed, criss crossed apple sauce, as the girl continued to explain everything that had occurred the past days and how she's been feeling. without leaving out a detail, she realized he's the first person she even told everything to.

by the looks of it, she wishes she hadn't. some part of her forgot his attachment to sungchan, but still, she had hoped he would look at it from her side.

"you kissed sicheng, kinda fought with sungchan, and hung out with hendery? miss girl, you are a whole mess. is this why you wanted the trip?"

"jude! i brought you for support not for judging." mel hit him, the two laughing as he mockingly put his arms up in surrender.

letting his arms down, he tried to think of a solution to help her, and thought back to everytime he has ever had a crush on anyone. however, the boy has never been in this position.

coming from a very wealthy family, jude was good at avoiding every bad thing in life. it was his charm, he found himself very lucky for most of his life. sent to only the most prestigious schools with the finest clothes and loving parents.

he grew up lonely, not being great at making any friends. growing up, he only had one friend. and that one friend was his best friend, nobody came close to him. in fact, he'd like to say that still nobody comes close to him. unfortunately, he doesn't talk about him anymore.

"okay, i got it. but be ready to think... and close your eyes—"

"jude if you kiss me—"

"as if! just do what i say." jude laughed, watching as the girl hesitated and slowly closed her eyes. she motioned for him to continue, the boy grinning, "okay now imagine all the future things you wanna do with your boyfriend. go to weddings together, talk about taxes with, do the long distance thing whenever something comes up for either one of you guys... and the awkward facetime sex. but.. but you guys eventually beat the odds... you actually wind up together. who do you see? is there one person where it would kill you if you didn't do those things with?"

with an endearing and sad smile, the girl opened her eyes, "actually... yeah. there is."

she turned over at him, the boy raising his eyebrows and looked around awkwardly. mel laughed at him, giving him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, "goodnight"

"wait!! so who is it?" jude yelled, grabbing onto her before she could return to her bed.

mel stared at jude, "i'll tell you on the plane."

"in two days!!?"