you get a nightmare

It wasn't like you to have trouble sleeping, let alone nightmares. You were the friend who could sleep through anything, the friend who could sleep anywhere. However, in your sleep you had this lucid dream that seemed far too real. Due to the realness of this nightmare, you shot up, sweat dripping down your skin. Loud breaths left your lips, your chest rising and falling rapidly.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" The soft, raspy voice of your girlfriend made you jump, a tear slipping down your cheek as your eyes met with hers. Olivia looked worried as her hands found their way onto your face, wiping away the stray tears, "Love what happened?"

Knowing Olivia had been shooting for a new movie, you felt bad to wake her up, let alone startle her.

You tried to speak, your lips shaking as the words fell into a sob. Your head fell onto Olivia's shoulder, the brunette comforting you. Her hands ran up and down your back as you cried. Olivia was one of the best huggers you knew (Her and your sister tied for first), and it was showing right now.

"I had a dream that you left me, for another person. You left me because I wasn't good enough. You became big in the acting industry and forgot about me." You finally collected your thoughts, letting it all spill out to Olivia as she nodded. A soft kiss could be felt on your forehead, as she rubbed your back.

"That will never happen baby. Never. There's no one in this whole wide world that is quite like you. You're the only person I see myself with. Okay? So dry your pretty little eyes. We're on this ride together Y/N, and I don't plan on continuing it without you." Olivia's words made your heart swarm with love and reassurance, as you lifted your head up to look into her eyes. It was dark, but her blue eyes twinkled in the dark room.

The seriousness in her voice, made you nod. Olivia nodded back, moving her forehead to rest against yours for a few seconds. Her thumbs ran up and down your cheeks as the two of you sat in silence.

"I love you. You know that right? It's always going to be you." Olivia just had this way of making you undeniably happy, and this was one of those moments. She was so incredibly unselfish and made sure you were happy first.

"Just kiss me already." You whispered, connecting your lips with hers in a slow, non-sensual kiss. This kiss was filled with reassurance, love, and safety. Olivia smiled into the kiss, which made you grin. Eventually, you both laid back down. You pushed your back against her front, and felt her arm wrap around you, placing her hand on your heart. You looked back at her, butterflies swarming in your stomach. Her eyes were shut, but a small smile was visible across her face.

"I love you too."