you snap at her

Y'know those days, when nothing seems to be going your way? You'll be in a bad mood, then stub your toe which makes the situation ten times worse. All you want to do if curl up in a ball and cry.

That's how Y/N felt today. She'd just been in a bad mood all day. No one knew why, not even Y/N. It was just one of those sucky days.

Y/N huffed as she tried to find the right key, all the other keys getting in the way. Once she found the right one, she slipped it into the keyhole and turned it.

The door opened slowly, air conditioning hitting Y/N's sweaty face. Walking inside, she set down her stuff.

"Y/N/N?" The voice of Y/N's longtime girlfriend, Olivia, rang through the spacious apartment.

"It's me." Y/N sighed, entering the kitchen. There was a little bar area in the kitchen that overlooked the living room. Olivia was sitting on the couch in sweatpants and sweatshirt.

Y/N opened the fridge, grabbing a bottle of Corona. She deserved it.

"Y/N put that down." Olivia got up, making Y/N continue to open the bottle. Just as she was about to take a sip, Olivia grabbed it from her hand.

"Olivia-"

"Don't Olivia me. First of all you're 19. Second of all, you never drink. So what's up?" Olivia knew Y/N better than Y/N knew herself.

"Nothing. Just a bad day. Now can I have that back?" Y/N reached for the bottle, making Olivia move away. A look of concern painted Olivia's face as she searched her girlfriend's eyes.

"You're lying. What's wrong?" Y/N knew Olivia meant the best, but open-ended questions were the last thing Y/N needed.

"Liv I said nothing." Olivia wasn't accepting that. Setting down the bottle, she grabbed Y/N's hand. Y/N pulled away violently, turning away and running her hands through her hair.

"Baby what's wrong? I'm serious. Did something happen? Did I do something?"

"Not everything is about you Olivia! Sometimes people just want to be alone! Okay? Jesus." Y/N immediately regretted snapping at Olivia the minute it happened. She loved Olivia and the look on Olivia's face made Y/N want to cry.

"I was just-"

"Liv I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap, I've just had the worst day." Olivia moved forward confidently, placing her hands on Y/N's cheeks and smiling.

"Hey, it's more than okay. Just know that I'm always gonna be right here to help you through the bad days." Olivia leaned over Y/N, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I shouldn't have yelled. I'm so sorry Liv. Really I am." Olivia pulled Y/N into a hug, putting her arms around the girl. Y/N let her body melt on Olivia's warm, comfy embrace. The homey scent Olivia provided made Y/N loose all interest in her bad day.

"Sometimes you just need to release anger. I promise baby, it's more than okay to release your anger." Olivia cupped Y/N's head with her right hand as the two embraced in the kitchen.

"Not on you. My anger isn't towards you. It never is." Olivia shushed Y/N, backing up, and putting her pointer finger under Y/N's chin.

The younger girl looked up, sadness swimming in her hazel orbs. Olivia gave Y/N a small smile before kissing the girl lightly.

During this kiss, Y/N felt the anger, stress, and madness of the day float away. Her problems evaporated as Olivia kissed her with the most passion and comfort.

When Olivia pulled away, Y/N was smiling.

"There's that pretty smile." Y/N blushed, which made Olivia place a couple kisses all over Y/N's face. A little giggle left Y/N's lips which made Olivia release a breath. Her girl was happy and calm.

"How about you go get changed into some comfy clothes. I'll make some tea-and we can't watch Disney movies. How's that sound?" Y/N nodded excitedly, kissing Olivia's cheek. The younger girl ran down the apartment hallway and turned into their shared room.

Once Y/N left, Olivia poured the alcohol down the drain and threw the bottle away. Opening a cabinet, Olivia started to prepare some of Y/N's favorite tea. As that brewed, she got out Y/N's favorite mug, along with some SkinnyPop. As she poured the popcorn in a bowl, Olivia made sure to stir the tea.

Little footsteps could be heard from the hallway, so Olivia decided to look up.

Y/N looked adorable, decked out in Olivia's clothes, head to toe. Even the fuzzy socks on her feet belonged to Olivia.

"Well don't you look cute and comfy." Y/N blushed at Olivia's compliment, walking into the kitchen, "I got this babe. Go find a movie."

Y/N kissed Olivia's cheek, leaving the kitchen and laying down on the couch. Olivia poured out glasses of tea, adding some honey into Y/N's.    Y/N loved herself some honey.

Grabbing the glasses and bowl, Olivia walked over the couch. She placed the cups and bowl on the coffee stand, and plopped down next to Y/N.

The way Y/N cuddled right into Olivia sent butterflies into the Welch girl's heart. Y/N was too pure for this world.

"So I'm debating between Tangled and Princess and the Frog. You're the tiebreaker." Y/N looked up at Olivia, her eyes twinkling in the dimly lit apartment.

"Definitely Princess and the Frog. And then Tangled. We'll watch both until we fall asleep." Y/N smiled at Olivia's decision.

Olivia reached next to them, grabbing a fluffy, white blanket. She put it over them, which only made Y/N come closer. The younger girl wrapped her arm around Olivia's stomach, while Olivia traced patterns on her arm.

"You know how to make any bad day good. I love you for that." Y/N whispered as the movie started. She was leaning up to turn off the light, so Olivia took this opportunity to grab the girl's chin and kiss her.

Y/N kissed back, smiling brightly into it.

"Is that the only thing you love me for?"

"That and your lips." Olivia makes a hurt face, which makes Y/N giggle, "I'm kidding my love! I'm in love with everything about you. Especially your ability to tell when I'm joking."

Y/N smirked, placing another short kiss on Olivia's lips.

"I'm in love with you too." Y/N smiled at Olivia's words, moving some hair behind Olivia's ear. This small action sent butterflies into Olivia's stomach.

Y/N looked into Olivia's eyes one last time, before laying back down on her chest. Olivia immediately started tracing patterns on her arms, and placing kisses wherever she could reach.

Oh how a bad day can end so good...