Chapter Three

100 years later

"And here we have a sleeping angel that is weeping. No one knows the real reason why she is crying in her sleep. But, legend says she will wake up one day. When the world needs her most." The tour guide starts. "And that lady's and gentlemen is the end of our tour. Please come back and see us again soon." 

I waited till all of them left, "Every day I hear them talking about me, and every day I hear them say something different." I sat up and stretched and looked around for the first time in a long time. I noticed how much things had changed. I wonder how my familiar is and where he is. I felt my heart thump hard in my chest at the memory of my love. Watching him get stabbed and bleeding out killed me. I couldn't bare to watch him die, so I fell into a deep sleep and ended up here. I need to go back to the cabin, I thought.

I waved my hands and said the same spell as before. When I opened my eyes next, I was outside the small cabin. I opened my link to Jojo and called out for him. But I didn't get a response, and I felt my heart drop. Did I lose both of them? I heard a few hickers near by, I cast a sleeping spell and watched them fall to the ground. I walked quickly and said a spell to look into how the world around us works now. I was shocked, to say the least.

Night soon fell, and the moon rises into the sky. "Moon Goddess, hear my plea, come and talk with me!" I yelled to the moon.

I didn't have to wait long till I saw the blinding light of hers show. "My child, why have you summoned me?" She asks curiously.

"I need to know. What happened to them while I was frozen in my slumber." I begged.

She smiled sadly and said, "Your familiar sleeps as a stone gnome, and waits for you to awaken him. He has been asleep for as long as you have been." She started. She took a deep breath and said, "As for Damian, I do not know as to what happened to him. But, I do know he is alive and needs your help. My child, you must hide your wings for the time being and tell no one who you are. The world has changed to evil. Every person and creature is out for power now. You need to find your light in the darkness and quickly."  Then she disappeared just as quickly as she came.

I took a deep breath after hearing everything she said. As I watched him sitting as a cat on the steps of the cabin, I smiled sadly. He has been waiting for me this whole time. I walked over to him and cradled him to my chest, then kissed his forehead. "Wake up, my Jojo, I have missed you terribly, and we have a lot of work to do." I whispered in his ear.

I watched as the color slowly came back to him, and the surprised look on his face. He purred as he nuzzled into me and spoke in our link, "You finally came back!"

I smiled and nodded my head. "I need you to shift into a wolf and stay in that form for a little while. At least while we are in towns. Would you be OK with this?" I asked. He just nodded his head, jumped out of my lap, and shifted into a dark reddish black wolf.

I waved my hands and changed my clothes to jeans and a black T-shirt. "Let's go." I said as we headed out of the forest.

We reached the nearest town, and I found what I was looking for. Transportation. It was a motorcycle shop and in the window was a red and black Dodge Tomahawk. It's perfect, I thought as I walked in asking someone how I could buy one. When he starts laughing in my face,  I use a spell on everyone there, making them all believe I won the bike. I was laughing to myself as I walked out with a helmet, leather jacket, and keys along with the bike.

I put my helmet on and had Jojo shift into a sugar glider and climb under my jacket. Once he was settled, I headed north. From what I could remember about the men that day. They were vampires that have a coven up north. They're blood thirsty and power hungry.

"Let go get some answers first, shall we?" I said as I turned the bike on and revived the engine.