~Before Time Stopped~

I was walking down the streets of my hometown on a boring, spring day. It was the day before my birthday (April 19th) and my mom told me to leave the house for an hour or two because she had to do something that required no distractions.

I knew what she was doing though. She has this thing where she doesn't want anyone to see the birthday cake until she brings it out at the birthday party and so she always makes me leave the house when she bakes it.

This happens every year and it always annoys me.

1, because I hate my birthday.
2, because I was relaxing in my room, drawing when she made me leave.

And whenever anyone interrupts me from my drawing, it puts me in a bad mood.

So, here I am; walking down the streets trying to kill time.

Speaking of time, there was nothing special about it today, it was just ticking its normal self away. Like it does every day.

That is, until I paused a minute on the sidewalk to brush a beetle off my shoulder that had fallen from one of the flowering trees.

I didn't realize there was anyone walking behind me until I felt something hard run smack into me and a moment later, warm liquid seep down my back.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!!" A soft worried voice spoke.

......