C7

In the following weeks that passed, Mel and I were getting better and better in our self-defense class. We also got closer to each other as well. Both of us were also doing pretty good in our other classes as well. We hadn't heard from Mel's parents yet, so we were still waiting. Everyday, we went to our spot and waited for a phone call while eating lunch. Finally, the day we had been anticipating had arrived: the phone call.

       "Hey, Mel, are we going to our spot today?" I asked, I was guessing yes, but I just wanted to make sure that she still wanted to find out if we were siblings.

        "Yeah, totally! I can't wait!" She exclaimed, bouncing on the claw of her feet with a wide smile.

        "Great. See you there then." I responded, retuning her smile and heading to my first class of the day.

    The day seemed to go by excruciatingly slow. It was all I could do to stop myself from leaving class just to get to our spot and wait. I just couldn't believe that there was the possibility of being sisters with the girl who had quickly become my best friend in the matter of months that I knew her. Right now, I was in my second period just before lunch and it seemed almost impossible to wait any longer to meet up with Mel at our spot.

      I had been sitting in class for what felt like days, but was really only a little over an hour, staring out the window, watching as birds were flying free and I kind of envied them because they could do as they pleased and not have to sit in a classroom for hours just waiting for the second the bell would ring for lunch. Soon after I had begun to think that the world hated me, the bell rang for lunch and I bolted out of my seat faster than one could say 'hello'.