C1

"CARSYN!! TIME TO GET UP!!" I  hear from out side my bedroom door. I sit up and groan, beginning another year at the academy.

    I always hated the academy because there were uniforms; which stifled creativity and originality. Things I loved and cherished. The one good thing about it though is that I got to get away from my parents for three months, which was great. It was so suffocating in this house because I was constantly being coddled and spoiled. And then, when I would go to the mall with a couple of friends, my parents always went with me to make sure that I didn't get things from the good stores, like Hot Topic and the front of Spencer's.

   I hate how religious they are because they believe that everything that happens to us is God's fault, yet they are the ones making the decisions to sin and do bad.

   I finally sighed and got out of bed to get ready. I wore something in my style, underneath they style that my parents like. I really only do it because I would like to avoid any arguments. I have to hide anything that would make me an object of arguments in my house, aside from my poisonous plants. Only, they don't know that the plants are poisonous. I make sure that I set up the automatic plant waterer before I leave so that they never have to deal with them and figure it out when they have no idea how to take care of them.

    I walk over to my closet and put on my light blue skinny jeans, a black spaghetti strap tank top, with a light grey sweater. My parents hate it when I don't wear something over my tank tops, but after I get rid of my parents, the sweater comes off. I hate having to hide my true self, but I have to if I wanna survive. I put on my rose quartz necklace and a pair of stud earrings but brought my dangles because I usually wear those. I let my pastel purple hair cascade down my back in waves. And as for makeup, I kept it as natural as possible, but also made my blue- green eyes pop. So often these eyes reminded me of something that my brain just can't remember. I shake my head and smile in the mirror, admiring how good I look within the parameters that my parents set for me. Although, everything else that I have packed and ready to go do not fit into my parents' parameters.

     "CARSYN! TIME TO GO!" My mom shouted from downstairs. I checked my automatic plant waterer, making sure that it was working, grabbed my luggage and headed out the door.

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I got out of our family car and took my luggage from the trunk. I stood in front of the school, waiting for my friends. But as I was waiting for them, the headmistress came up to me with a girl following her.

  "Miss. Roberts, I would like to introduce you to our new student, Melody Knight." Headmistress Pruitt says, motioning her forward. She had pink hair and these oddly colored eyes. One of them was this almost turquoise color and the other one was a very light almost pastel green. They were a shockingly very pretty combination.

    "Hi, my name is Carsyn Roberts." I said, a smile on my face and a hand out for a handshake.