Midsummers 1 Part 31

"How long do you think they'll hold him?" Coral questioned coming out of Kie's bathroom after taking a much needed shower.  

"Mr. Heyward, seemed to think they may keep him overnight," Kie responded as she poked her head out of her closet.  

"He said he'd find me.  He's not going to find me at Midsummers with you.  Maybe I should go back to my house," Coral said.

"They might not even let him go till tomorrow.  We don't know where John B is, but we know Pope will be at Midsummers so I think we need to stick together and not separate even more," Kie reasoned as she pulled out a blue dress from her closet.

Holding the dress out Coral took it, "I know but what if he is out and he's looking for me?"

"Look, I have to go to Midsummers or my mother may have a coronary so we stick together.  After the party you, me, and Pope will head back to your place and look for both JJ and John B," she proposed.  

"Fine," Coral relented as she held the dress up to herself, "Going to a fucking garden party when half the island doesn't have power, my boyfriend is in jail, and my brother is missing," she muttered shaking her head.

"Makes no sense," Kie said throwing her lavender dress on the bed.

Walking into Midsummers, Coral looked around at the lit up country club, "This is some bullshit

Walking into Midsummers, Coral looked around at the lit up country club, "This is some bullshit.  The electricity running this place would light up the Cut for a fucking year," she whispered to Kie.

Snorting Kie covered it with a cough as her mother looked over her shoulder at the two girls.  Smiling innocently Kie took Coral's hand, "We're gonna go say hello to some friends," she told her mother before hurrying away.

"I don't have any friends here," Coral commented, "Oh, wait, there's Soph carrying a tray of drinks.  Oh, and Nessa over there is tending the bar.  That's right my friends are working this bullshit."

"I know.  I'm sorry," Kie apologized, "You heard me arguing with my mother about the injustice of this whole thing," she reminded her.

"No, I know.  I'm just in a mood," Coral replied, "I just want JJ."

"I know.  Hey, there's Pope.  Let's go say hi," Kie said pointing towards where Pope was busy at the oyster grill.

Making their way through the crowd Kie held her finger up to Coral as she walked up behind Pope, "Excuse me, Sir, do we have to shuck these ourselves?" she asked in a fake English accent.