Chapter 1: The Poison Apple

Yusei and Akiza were walking in the forest while the others were sleeping in their cots on the 4th floor of the old mansion. “ Yusei, why did you bring up the mystical dragon? Are you somehow more deeply connected to it?” Akiza  asked with her head downcast. “ I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I can tell you one thing, Akiza.” Yusei said. “ You have a little history I want you to tell me when we get back to the house.”

Akiza knew she had to tell him sooner or later why she left Heartland. And to save the others, it was sooner. But that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to ask her question later on. When they went back to the mansion, Akiza and Yusei talked about why Akiza left her village. “I left to get away from the prince of Heartland, Prince Kalin Miller The Third. I used to work for him as a weaver. I had to--!!! Akiza stopped when Yusei banged his hurt arm on the hardwood table and cringed in pain as he screamed. “KALIN?!?!?! THAT GOOD-FOR-NOTHING, SHOW-OFF PRINCE!?!?”

Akiza didn't expect him to be so angry. Suddenly, Yusei calmed down as Akiza picked an apple from the basket.

She carefully examined the apple she held until Yusei’s hand covered her own around the apple and lifted up to his mouth and bit into it

She carefully examined the apple she held until Yusei’s hand covered her own around the apple and lifted up to his mouth and bit into it.The juice dribbled down from the apple on to both Akiza's and Yusei's hands, which made Akiza blush as red as her hair. It did look kind of cute to her. “Why...did you do that?” Akiza asked fazed by that weird gesture “ Oh, I just wanted to see how it tastes,” Yusei said with, in Akiza’s case, the dreamiest eyes she has ever seen. Suddenly, the dreamyness started to be replaced by a faint grey.

Yusei started to wobble a little bit and caught himself

“What is the matter, Yusei?” Tea asked, waking up from her nap and started to wake up the others. “ You have to tell us what happens to you,” Yusaku and Skye said in unison. Yuma yawned very rudely in front of Tori but, Tori was unfazed as she was looking at Yusei, who was clearly not well, and said, “Yusei, what is the matter with you?”

Alexis was suddenly moving down the stairs at lightning speed and, at the same time, Yusei started to wobble and fall down. Jaden started to try to catch him, but then, as he reached out his hand, a strange power was released from his hands and Yusei began to fall slower, enough for Alexis to catch him. “What just happened?” Jaden and Alexis asked in their heads then they shook the question off and went to help Yusei into the nearest bed. Yugi, Yusaku, and Akiza looked at the apple Yusei bit into. After a bit of examining, Akiza was the first to see the disappointing and scary truth. The apple was poisoned!!