Chapter 2: The Guards

“What? The apple is poisoned?!?!” Yusaku shouted out loud. “Do you have anything to heal Yusei, Akiza?” Yugi says to Akiza. “ I think so. Oh, as I feared. I don’t have the antidote, but I think I can make one.” Akiza states in rush and panic. It is all my fault, it is all my fault, it is all my fault, Akiza kept thinking in her head all over again. I am the one who led Yusei to his near death by being here. I have to try to help him so that I can say sorry to him, Akiza cried in her mind.

“ I can help you, if you want me too,” Zuzu said with a face of  concern and determination. “ I want to help Yusei just as much as you.” There was a moment of erie pause that no one noticed so Akiza and Zuzu started working. Just then, Zuzu started to have a strange feeling and said with a hurried voice, “ Quick, move him to the 6th floor and then duck down when I say so!” Everyone was confused ,but they did what she said. Yuya and Yugi carried Yusei upstairs and stayed up there.

    “ NOW!!!” Zuzu yelled as the signal to get down. At that same moment, the door burst open at the sound of a machine gun and wrecked the first floor. The gang was completely silent. Akiza slowly stood up and went to the first floor stair peeked through the door and saw a very familiar mask of a castle guard. An Heartland castle guard!!

“ Well,” one of  guards said as she picked up the basket of apples and moved her eyes to the apple Yusei had eaten, “ It looks like our trap worked on the red- headed girl

“ Well,” one of  guards said as she picked up the basket of apples and moved her eyes to the apple Yusei had eaten, “ It looks like our trap worked on the red- headed girl.” Then, after a sudden silence, the sound of the guards boots have started to come upstairs to the room. “ Oh no, they’re headed upstairs to my friends,” Akiza whispered as she quickly crawled to the group and warned them.

“ Are we going to be okay?” Genea asked Akiza , crying in Yuya and Zuzu's arms in fear with them trying to soothe her. Akiza had no reply. All she did was stand up and go next to Yusei and waited for the answer to come to her, but nothing came to her mind except that this it's her fault. “Don't worry. We'll be okay.” Akiza finally said, burying her head on Yusei's soft, warm stomach, starting to cry herself. Suddenly, a hand came over her head. It was Yusei, who had woken up for a brief moment and looked at Akiza with full eyes. Except those eyes were glowing crimson red, with pupils looking like beast eyes!

“ It’s okay, Akiza. Just confront them and you will be fine.” Yusei said faintly. “ You have the power to change fate and destiny. Don’t use it in vain, for the fatal disaster from long ago will come if you do…” Yusei went back to unconsciousness and then the dragon head mark on his arm started to take its place on Yusei and stayed visible. Everyone sat in shock for a while until the door was knocked down by the soldiers from before. “ You will come with us peacefully, red-headed girl,” the women soldiers said as they picked up their guns and swords and pointed them towards Akiza. Akiza realized that she had to protect the others. The words that came out of Akiza’s mouth after that shocked everyone. “Yes, I will come with you back to Heartland, but in exchange, you give Yusei the antidote… NOW!!!” All the rest was a blur of white and red.