Riverside

The Blighted Bear and The First crashed to the forest floor with such a force that they shook the earth, a series of lightning cracks deafened the roars and snarls of the battle below

The Blighted Bear and The First crashed to the forest floor with such a force that they shook the earth, a series of lightning cracks deafened the roars and snarls of the battle below. with the sway of the tree, Roja slipped from her branch. "what now." she thought forcing her eyes open she found the ground rushing towards her at an alarming rate. "no, wait! wait!" her thoughts screamed. Shutting her eyes tightly her mind screamed "Tsume!"

Tsume took to human form, pushing himself to run faster as he could see the figure falling through the trees. The First glanced up from his battle and gasped, trying to shake the bear away but to no avail. But as Tsume neared the great bear's head lifted, its nose twitching as it sniffed the air. Its nose pointed to the bird clutched in Tsume's hand as drool dripped from its maw. "shit." Tsume cursed as the Bear honed in on him. Tsume came to a halt, as he was rushed. The first bit down on the bear's haunch but found himself drug as the bear ran for Tsume.

A Snarl came from behind Tsume, and Zali launched himself toward the bear. "Come on," Zali called to him. "I've got her!" Cole called, rushing past. Tsume exhale and went to attack the bear as well.

With a slide, Cole caught Roja, the force of the fall taking Cole down to a knee as she cradled Roja. "you're kind of heavy you know." Cole spoke gently. Roja opened her eyes, "nice to see you too" she croaked causing Cole to chuckle softly. "Come on, I have to get you to the river," Cole said, slinging Roja onto her back she ran forward.

Meanwhile, Hige tried his best to help Toboe and Kiba with the salamanders, "all this work and we can't even eat these stupid things!" Hige complained as he tore the gut of the last slippery creature. Toboe's tongue hung out of his mouth in disgust, "They taste like...like...." He stammered.

"Like month-old bad fish and burned rubber." Hige whimpered. "come on, you can wash your mouth out at the river, we need to catch up to the others." said Kiba, leading the way. Hige's nose sniffed the air, "Does anyone else smell smoke?" He asked. An orange glow could be seen from several thin gaps between ancient trees. "That's not good." Toboe said.

The first dug his paws into the earth to hold his ground and pulled back on the bear's back leg. Zali found himself dangling from the bear's neck as it flung its head around, deep claw marks scattered around its face. Tsume stood on the bear's back, scratching at the top of its head. "nothing phases this thing!" Tsume grunted. "Maybe they will, here comes the calvary!" The first called cheerfully. Kiba, Hige, and Toboe launched themselves forward, teeth sinking into the large creature. Fur and blood flew this way and that, the fire slowly closing in, the smoke enough to make lungs burn.

"We don't have time for this!" Zali called out. Hige found himself flung away from the bear, he rolled across the forest floor, tumbling near a bush that had just sparked with flame. "oh that was far too close!" He gasped. Hige's eyes fell on a branch nearby and a smile came to his face. "If we aren't doing much to this guy, maybe a little heat will." he thought. taking up the branch he held it over the burning bush as a torch, collecting the flames before running for the bear.