Chapter 10

"So yeah that's basically what happened

"So yeah that's basically what happened." I finished with tears in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." He quietly said.

I could tell he felt sorry for me. Which is something that I definitely don't deserve. I don't deserve pity from anyone. I'm a monster. What I did is terrible.

"Yeah well can't change the past. You just have to find a way to live with the things you did. Some days are easier than others."

"I'm Sam by the way. Sam Uley. I don't think I told you my name."

Sam. It's a nice name. It fits him.

"Well it's nice to meet you Sam. I apologize for just dumping all of my past trauma on you." I chuckled trying to diffuse some of the tension.

"Don't apologize. I asked you to tell me. You've proven that I can trust you. Most people wouldn't be so willing to tell their deepest darkest secrets to a complete stranger."

I just smiled at him. It felt good to tell someone my story. I haven't even told Charlie or Bella what actually happened. I'm scared that they would hate me.

"I want you to come and meet my pack one day. Not today. I think you've been through enough already. And well my pack can be a little much." Sam said chuckling to himself.

"Okay that sounds great. It will be nice to be around others like me again. I've missed it."

Sam nodded to me and then we both began to go our separate ways. Before I had gotten too far I heard Sam clear his throat and turn back towards me.

"Oh and Athena you're welcome on this land anytime you want." Sam said with a warm smile. "It would actually be safer if you only shifted here." He said in a more serious tone.

What the heck does that mean? Why would it be safer?

"Why would it be safer for me to only shift on your land?" I couldn't help it. I had to know. Plus I kind of think I deserve to know if I'm the one that's going to be in danger.

"We're not the only supernatural creatures that live in the area." And with that he turned and left.

No further explanation. No other details. For all I know he could be talking about unicorns.

We're going back in time. More specifically to the moment Athena ran out of class.

Jasper's POV

I had finally worked up the courage to talk to my mate. Everything was going good. Well until it wasn't. I don't know what happened. One second we were staring at each other and then the next she was gone. I watched as Athena bolted out of the classroom. She didn't even stop when Mrs. Walker was calling for her.

What the hell just happened? I thought to myself. I need to speak to Edward. Maybe he heard her thoughts and knows what made her run out of the classroom.

As soon as the bell rang I was out of there. I quickly made my way to the parking lot to meet up with the rest of my siblings.

Thankfully Edward was already outside when I got there.

"I need to speak with you immediately." I said rushing towards him.

"Jaz? What's wrong?" asked Alice. She attempted to grab my arm but I shrugged her off.

The only thing I care about right now is making sure my mate is okay.

"She's fine." Is all Edward said.

"Do you know what happened? Why did she rush out like that? Just saying she's fine isn't really doing enough to calm me down." I yelled getting in his face.

Emmett and Alice both came to pull me back from Edward.

"We're not doing this here Jasper. You're creating a scene." snapped Rosalie.

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF IM CREATING A SCENE! IF MY MATE IS IN TROUBLE I DESERVE TO KNOW!" I screamed back at her.

How dare she tell me that I'm 'creating a scene'. We all know damn well if Emmett was in trouble she would be freaking out too.

"Jasper I cannot tell you what happened. That's something she needs to do. All I can tell you is that she's fine. She went for a run in the woods to calm down." Edward said calmly.

I can't believe my family right now. Why can't he just tell me what's going on? If the roles were reversed I wouldn't hesitate to tell him what was wrong.

———————————————————————
Here's chapter 10!

Sorry if this chapter is a little shorter than some of my other chapters.

Let me know what you guys think!

Vote/Comment