Chapter 2

Sid went to a lawyer's office. His assistant was checking some case file.

Sid: Namaste sir

Ass: Hmm

Sid: Sir maine aapko poochha tha lawyer sir se mere case ke baare mein baat krne ke lie

Ass: Case ki baat bhi kr lenge. Pehle btao sir ki fee de skte ho kya?

Sid: Mujhe thoda time chahie

Ass: Hnn jab fee ke paise honge tab aana. Hum faaltu nhi hai ki kisika free mein case lade. Chalo niklo yhase. Tumse baat krne ka time nhi mere paas

Sid: Par meri baat to sunie...

Ass: (shouted) Behra hai kya? Samaj nhi aata kya ek baar mein tereko? Tereko bola ja matlab ja. Pta nhi kha khase chale aate hai. Itna sunne ke baad bhi desharmo ki tarah khada hai idar. Chal nikal yhase

Sid looked down and quitely went out. He started walking back home. He was like half dead man. Again and again Vaish's face and those incidents were coming in his mind. He was so lost in his thoughts that he wasn't even aware of surroundings. Suddenly a car came from side.

At home

Avu was sitting in a small mandir they had made in home. Her hands were joined and eyes closed. She was praying for Vaish and Sid.

Avu: Kanha jii mujhe pta hai aap kisiko nirash nhi krte. Di ki life mein itna kuch ho gia. Ab bass kro na. Kab tak wo aisi hi rhegi. Aur ab to mujhse Sid ki haalat bhi nhi dekhi jati. Aap sab kuch theek krdo na ab

She came out with parsad after sometime and went in Vaish's room. She was sitting at same place near the window.

She was smiling keeping a hand on her stomach. Avu came towards her. Vaish held Avu's hand and kept on her stomach.

Vaish: See see baby kicked

Avu shooked her head with tears.

Vaish: You also felt na? Bta na? Tereko bhi lga na?

She asked with teary eyes. Avu hugged her crying.

Vaish: Mera baby jldi aayega and he will call me mumma. Haina Avu?

Avu didn't reply anything. She wiped off her tears and gave her parsad.

With Sid

A car came from side. He blowed horn many times but Sid didn't hear. Driver applied breaks all of a sudden.

D: (shouted) Oh pagal insaan tereko marne ka shok hai to kahi aur jaake mar na. Meri gadi se kyu marta hai

Sid looked at him and joined his hands and left quitely. He reached home and rang the bell. Avu came and opened it. He quitely went inside. Avu went behind him. He was sitting on bed staring at the wall. Avu kept a hand on his shoulder. He hugged Avu and broke down. Avu was caressing his hair.

Sid: Avu mein bhai kehlaane ke layak hi nhi hu. Na to mein di ko bacha paya uss time aur na hi ab unki iss halat ke lie jo responsible hai unko sazza dila pa rha hu. Mein kya kroo?

He said between his sobs. After sometime, Avu sitting on bed and Sid lying down with his head on her lap. Tears were rolling down continously from his eyes. Avu was caressing his hair.

Avu: Dekho Sid shant ho jaoo. Tabiyat kharab ho jaegi aese rote rhoge to. Please shant ho jaoo

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter