Chapter 6: Battle of Wives

"Who is that child?" a shadow figure muttered to himself as he observes the Chaldean and Caster with his clairvoyance ability from a faraway location away from the group. A child who is capable of his magecraft and above average in battle experience with and against Servants doesn't sit well with him.

"Archer, what's the report on the situation outside?" a strong female voice demands an answer from the man who is known as Archer through telepathy.

"We have intruders joining along with Caster, you should stop using the grail to communicate with me, they might track the signal to your location," the voice merely snickered at the man.

"Don't bother, if Caster is with them then they already know my location. Besides, I am not stopping the grail now after coming this far. Do your best to stop them, I am not expecting much from you but please struggle to buy time at least before you die. Though I will be more grateful if you stopped all of them by yourself," that was all she had said before disconnecting the telepathic line, hanging up on Archer.

"...In other words, she already expected them to bypass me, so she will face them herself. Thanks for the confident, Saber... they will arrive soon, might as well do as she said and try my best," with that Archer disappear into his astral form, waiting for the right time to strike.

...

..

.

"Hoh? That's quite a story young lady, so you have been in a war where I was a Lancer before?" Caster grins at the unexpected declaration from Emilya. Mashu and Marie who already know about it weren't reacting to it, though despite knowing that she was in a war, they didn't know how did it happen and when.

"I see, I see, so, how was I? How many did I kill? Obviously, I died at some point if you were the victor with a different Servant but I am still curious," if there's one thing Caster likes, it will be fighting until his last breath, knowing that at least he's putting up a good fight.

"To be honest, I only saw you once, well, twice. After that, you just disappear and never appeared, only later I found out that you had died thanks to your Master revealing the truth. Seems like you chased Hassan and almost finished him until an unexpected interruption from the grail mark your demise," Emilya explained everything she can remember as they get closer to their destination.

"Seriously? Now that's unfair, since when the grail has its own consciousness. I swear, my luck is horrible no matter where I am summoned to," Emilya gives a small laugh.

"You know at this point your cursed spear is ACTUALLY cursing you to death. Caster Class might suit you more than you think," Caster sighs before shaking his head.

"No thank you, even if that might be the case, my real origin is that I am a spear user, I ain't planning to change that anytime soon," with that said, he stops before slamming his staff down and turn toward the group.

"Alright, as much as I want to proceed with our destination, we should take a short break. We, Servants, are fine but we have two humans with us, and one of them is a Master that we can't afford to lose. So rest up and regain your strength. This is why humans in the modern era are so weak and fragile. If it were me during my time-" Caster mumbled the last sentence to himself as everyone sit against a large rock, taking as much break as they can.

Gudako and Marie appreciate Tamamo for creating water and cool wind when the environment felt like a heated oven. During the break, Gudako notices the usually calm Mashu looking worried. Mustering up the courage to finally become a proper Master, and more importantly, as a friend, she asked if Mashu is alright.