Prologue

I am the only child of avatar Roku.

That used to be a good thing, until Sozin came along. After my dad found out Sozin wanted to declare war, he sent me off to the southern air temple to live with the nomads until it all blows over. I guess he was trying to keep me safe. I was there for 34 weeks. not knowing if my family was alive.

When I lived in the fire nation I was never around Roku a lot. He was off doing avatar things and I was sent off to training. It's normal in the fire nation for kids to have their childhood taken from them so they can become a warrior. When you weren't sleeping you were training. Every day from when I woke up to dinner time I was off learning how to fight. I was a fire bender, my father could sense it. He wanted me to learn how to use it. But my fire was different, so I never showed it off to people. When training I would just pretend that I couldn't control it. People began to think that I wasn't a bender at all, saying things like, "She wants to be special." or, "She's lying for attention." So I was terrified of what people would do if they found out my fire was pink.

" So I was terrified of what people would do if they found out my fire was pink

I haven't talked to my dad since I arrived at the temple. He could've come stop by at-least. I miss my mom. She was the only one I showed my fire to, I trust her with my life.