Seven

"Kishan, start preparing the sauce, Anubhav, bring the caviar, Vasant did the prawns arrive yet?"

"Yes Chef, just half an hour ago."

"Bring them to me....Ismail, prepare the dough and be generous....and Farook, slice all the veggies I gave you the list of..." Saqib began barking orders as soon as he stepped into the kitchen.

"Yes Chef!" They all said in unison and got to work.

"Oh and remember, tonight a group of Russian guest are coming and they want to taste authentic Indian food. Let's all work hard and make our country and our restaurant proud."
He announced.

"Yes Chef!"

"Jai hind!" One of them suddenly said making Saqib chuckle.
"Yes... Jai Hind....very patriotic! I like the spirit..."

"Chef! You look soo happy nowadays. You smile more....and you even scold us less. Should we call it Bhabhi's magic?" Farook teased.

Saqib couldn't help but smile scratching his nape.
"Something like that...." He said sheepishly.

"Oooooo." Everyone teased together.

"Oh right, Chef, a journalist is here from The Times of India to interview you."

Saqib sighed.
"Today? Damn I'm soo busy. Tsk.... nevermind, I had to ask them to leave last time too. Where are they?"

∆∆∆∆
Saqib was completely drained out by the time he got home but half of his fatigue simply vanished as soon as he found his wife on the door welcoming him with a warm hug.

"You look tired."

"Hm...It was a long day...." He moaned nuzzling her neck exhausted. Feeling her body he realised she was dressed up.

"Oh God I completely forgot!" He got back making an apologetic face.
"Tonight we were supposed to go on a date! I'm soo sorry Huda...."

She pecked his lips
"It's ok. I know how hard you work. We can always go another time.

He sighed.
"Thankyou. I don't even have the strength to complement you right now but I know you look beautiful." He said feeling her hair.

Huda giggled.
"Aww.... thankyou. Now go take a shower. As we couldn't go today, a prepared for us a intimate candle light dinner. And mom and dad are already sleeping too."

"Oooh.... intimate you say?" He cooed smirking.

"Shut up! Is your head only filled with that?!" She smacked his arm blushing.

"Yes." He laughed.

"Shameless! Now go already!" She pushed him towards the bedroom shaking her head, smiling like an idiot.

∆∆∆∆
Huda placed the plate in front of her Chef.

"Ummm....smells nice? Rice and....and gravy....is there cashews in it?"

"Are u just going to smell or eat too? I worked soo hard on it!"

"Ok ok....sorry. It's a habit."

"It's Chicken in Creamy cashew sauce." She informed.

As he took the first bite, Huda observed him keenly for his reaction but his poker face was too hard to read.

"The salt is a bit much and the cashew paste could have been a bit more smooth. The chicken is not enough cooked though, should've been more tender and the mint...."

He went on and on as Huda's face sank.
"Ok fine fine! Just say it's not good!" She huffed.

"No...no....not at all. It's good.... it's just that, it's a habit of mine.... please don't be sad..." He tried to reach for her hand on the table but she crossed her arms.