Chapter Two, Part Two - A Royal Affair.

Author's Note - Sorry this part took so long to update! It was a bit of a struggle for me trying to figure out how to turn Victoria's once private and aggressive conversation with Theodore into a subtle public one. Still not sure if this will be what goes into the published book, but I'm satisfied with it for now. Enjoy!

P.S. I'm now streaming on Twitch! Mon-Fri 8AM-11PM EST, and again from 4PM-7PM EST. Feel free to stop by and ask me questions about this story! 

https://www.twitch.tv/sometimesinovel

Deep within the winding paths and secretively tall hedges of the Crowle's garden, the sounds of Lady Victoria's moans were distant and hushed enough to go unnoticed by the guards and servants standing along the garden's perimeter.

The basket of roses she had so diligently picked laid disheveled on the stone path, save for one that lingered in her gloved hand its grip on the thorny stem threatening to pierce the fabric.

"You always did know how to show your devotion to your queen," Victoria moaned contently, giggling as she lifted the freshly cut rose to her powdered nose.

She inhaled deeply, eyes closed as she twirled the thorny stem between her gloved fingers. Free hand roaming, it traveled down toward her dress, seeking out and resting against the back of the head that was nestled beneath it - between her legs. Her painted red lips parted in a quiet gasp as her brows pinched, the hidden man's tongue lapping and stroking in all the right ways.

Cheeks flushed and breath strained, Victoria mewled at the building pleasure, finally dropping the lone rose to haphazardly grip onto the man's shoulders, hands sliding somewhat because of the layers of fabric above them. Her toes curled in her heels as her legs began to tremble.

The obedient servant groaned in approval at the telltale sign and increased his efforts. Victoria bit back the volume of her moan as her head tossed itself back, her chest heaving against the tightly bound cage of her corset until her breath caught and her body tensed with its release.

A smile of content etched itself onto her lips as she sighed, her hands lovingly stroking the back of the man's head above the fabric of her dress as he continued to lay tender kisses against her inner thighs, dutifully lapping up any remnants of his accomplished task.

" ... M'lady?" Came a nervous voice from just beyond the rose bush clearing. Victoria immediately straightened her posture, the once loving hand at the back of the man's head now vice in its shove to keep him hidden, below the line of rose bushes she was standing behind.

Turning around, Victoria tucked a stray strand of blond hair behind her ear as she looked toward the awaiting servant, who's eyes stayed knowingly averted.

"What is it?" She quipped, visibly annoyed.

"My apologies, M'lady, but dinner is ready to be served. Shall I ... advise them to wait until you are ... available?" He asked, picking his words carefully.

She sighed. "No, no. I've finished my bouquet. I'll be there in just a moment," Victoria dismissed, watching as the servant gave a deep nod before turning around and leaving the area to return to his post. "Pesky things," she grumbled with a roll of her eyes as the man below began to shift about on his knees.

Grunting as he freed himself from Victoria's dress to stand, Duke Richard smiled as he adjusted his vest and pat at his knees. "How childish of me to indulge in dessert before dinner," he chuckled, leaning in to kiss at Victoria's neck.