Chapter 4

I coward in the corner in  the cage on the back of the flat bed. The overseers had opened the gate to the cage. I backed into the steel wire more leaving a shock from the frigid wire.

I whimpered as one of the overseers pulled a long pole with a bronze colored claw at the end. I backed into the steel as far as I could go. Some of the other overseers were jabbing me sharply into sides with sharpened spear things and I was bleeding lightly down my ribs. The overseer with the claw pulled a metal wire through the pole and with that, the claw flexed. The overseer reached back in the corner where I was weeping and took the claw and grabbed my shoulder.

Now that I could see the claw thing better, I could see that at the end, the were talon-like weapons. As the claw groped at my shoulders, I could feel the talons digging into my flesh a good centimeter or two. I was so sturck with fear I didn't feel it has the overseer drug my across the flat bed down toward here the others were waiting with shackles on the hard packed ground.

I felt my abused body hit the dirt before I could feel the pain shoot though my body. I felt pressure on my arms as they pinned down my still struggling body in order to place the shackles upon my wrists. The overseer got up from me and held my shackled wrists as they clipped heavy shackles onto my ankles.

Before I could even attempt to weakly stand up, I was head over heals, as I was yanked and drug over the hard packed dirt and pebbles. I winced as the pebbles embedded themselves into my new bleeding wounds.

This continued for about 10 minutes until we approached a building that was like an armoured fortress. We walked into the centre. I glanced at the clock.

I knew a few basic skills like how to tell time and my letters. I could also do basic math. It took me a few seconds to see it was about 30 minutes till mid night. They were pretty serious about the exact times. I was dragged down a hallway, letting the cool marble floors soothe my inflamed, swollen, cut, bloody body.

I glanced down at my nude body and could see the blood trails down on the white, polished marble floors. I could see the little machines that went crazy when their newly cleaned floors were dirtied. They fiercely went to work scrubbing away at the stone trying to rid it of the crimson trails.

The overseer that had once held the claw now hooked the chains that attached my shackles to the walls. I let my body just collapse in a mangled heap just below the walls. Despite being on the cold marble the room was rather toasty. Everything in the building was very neat, organized and colorless.

The ceiling was white paneled and the walls the same bland white. Opposite the room  was an original woman. She looked oddly familiar. Then you realized-her clone shared the pen next to me. Her clone was 1493257. She would talk to me and we would both rant about our science experiment lives. She was so depressed. Her original didn't care about clones or her like Morgan did for me. It was sad really. Her original seemed to be oblivious about that I had spoken to her clone and knew how her clone felt. Me and 1493257 even came up with the theory about how we couldn't touch our originals and vice Versa. We figured that if we touched we could be able to retrieve the other's memories and thoughts. It seemed pretty plausible.

I shook back into reality. It had been about 20 minutes of the overseers giving my information to the receptionist. They spent the last 10 minutes chit chatting. I heard bits and pieces of their conversation and was genuinely surprised to have it be about me. I heard words like:

"Fighter"

"She's Morgan's"

"She's a looker"

"Trial"

What the hell did it mean? Some of the conversation made sense but trial? Why would there be a trial? These thoughts were running through my head as a new group of overseers dressed in white scrubs came over to me. They took off the heavy metal shackles off my limbs and replaced them with zip tie handcuffs. Instead of dragging me through the various sanitized halls, they placed me on a gurney and was even more confused and concerned when the said I was to be healed.

Where they going to kill me after all?

Did James lie and say the punishment instead of telling me about my own murder?

No. He wouldn't do that. But then what were they going to do to me?

These thoughts were interrupted when a mask was placed over my face and my abused body slipped into a drug induced sleep while my mind lasted a few seconds longer as thoughts of them gassing me to death crossed my mind and I slipped into unconsciousness.