Epilogue

Epilogue

Harley’s Funeral Grounds, the sign said. But the bright pink roses adorning the sign strongly contradicted it. Not to mention the bride, in a beautiful pale pink dress, and the groom, beaming so brightly he may have blinded a few of the teary eyes in the crowd.

Aislin admired her wedding, which she had put together by Crystal, who was standing nearby wiping her eyes, and her parents, who were outright sobbing.

Perhaps it was because of the wedding. Or maybe it was because of the location.

But everyone knows that it was tears of joy their eyes were spilling.

The priest, who needed a wheelchair to move around now, beamed as he read aloud. Finally, his frail fingers turned to the page that everyone had been waiting for. He took a deep breath and said, “Do you, Jake Young, take Aislin White, to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

Eyes brimming with tears, Jake said, “I do.”

“Do you, Aislin White, take Jake Young to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

A pause. A few people in the crowd tense up.

“I do!”

Over the clapping and cheering, the priest managed to yell, “I proclaim you now as husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride!”

But it was too late. Jake’s lips were already on Aislin’s.

Finally, they broke apart, beaming. A middle-aged man at the piano began to play, and the crowd got up and began to dance, and Jake whisked Aislin into the throng of people. As fireworks lit the air, Jake pulled Aislin close to him and whispered, “I love you.”

And They Lived Happily Ever After