That easy to be killed

Day 89

I carefully and quietly walk through the store. Marcus is sick and has to get better soon or else I'll go crazy. I run on my  tiptoes through the store and to the drugs and prescription. Evelyn sits behind me looking over my shoulder at the prescriptions eyeing them to see if they would be of any use to improve Marcus health. I point at one of the prescription bottles. Evelyn takes a deep breath and then grabs it and opens the lid carefully feeding it to Marcus. I then grab Marcus hand and squeeze it. He gives me a soft smile and I return it. I then stand up and quietly walk down the aisles of the store. 

The chip aisle is completely full which I almost find funny. I stumble down an aisle. The aisle has many books. I place my hand on the binding of the books reading the titles on each. I skim past one and take the book off of the shelf. How to safely deliver a baby I grab the book and tuck It into my coat. I'd always wanted to become a doctor and have been fascinated in medicine so it would be an interesting read for me. 

I then walk down another aisle and see Beau on top of a smooshed storage bin. I quickly and carefully walk over. I dive through the air when I see a rocket ship toy fall from the shelf. I quickly catch in my hands and it only makes a soft noise. Everyone looks at one another and waits for a moment seeing if the monsters are coming. I look and see Lee who had just walked into the door of the shop. Beau skips over to him and Regan stands beside me. "go find your mother" Lee signs to Beau and Beau runs away and out of sight. I quickly follow him to make sure he doesn't get into any trouble. 

I get there and Evelyn is helping Marcus up and I quickly help him up as well. We all walk to Lee and Regan "it'll be dark soon" Evelyn Signs to Lee. I look over to see Beau walking over with a spaceship in his hands. I notice the batteries are still in and I feel my stomach drop. I pray that he doesn't press any of the buttons on the toy. Lee carefully takes the toy out of the boys hands and then removes the batteries. "Listen to me, too loud" Lee signs and Beau gives his father a disappointed look. 

I love Beau but I don't think he will make it. He's a little boy and he doesn't understand the severity of the situation. I pray he will be spared but I don't know if the amount of mistakes will catch up to him. I can see Evelyn sees the same. She loves her little boy but she knows he won't survive in this world. Sometimes I question myself why I'm still living in this terrible screwed up world. I wonder what I have left to live with everyone but the Abbotts dead. Ive told this too Marcus and he's tried to tell me everything worth living. 

Marcus and I have gotten a lot closer. We went from seeing each other at school and hanging out a couple times a week to spending every second together. We keep each other going and I'd say Marcus is the only reason why I am still alive. 

I walk out behind Lee from the store to walk back to the farm. Lee picks him up as Marcus gets tired. I walk behind them. I think back to before everything and being able to watch the kardashians with Regan and forcing Marcus to watch it with me. I miss those times when I could go swimming and go on vacation. I wanna lay on a beach somewhere and hear the ocean waves crashing against the shore line. 

I look and meet eye contact with Marcus. "I wish I could get carried my feet hurt like a bitch" I sign to him and he laughs silently. "don't let my mom see you swear" Marcus signs back smiling and holding in his laughter. "I'm not scared of her" I sign and then I hear something. I feel my stomach drop and I cover my mouth in shock. Lee drops Marcus and quickly sprints to Beau. Beau had set off a toy causing a loud sound to escape from it. I look to the forrest and see one of the creatures running. Lee sprints but the creature quickly kills Beau in front of my eyes. I quickly run to a scared and crying Marcus. I hug him tightly. I feel my own tears slipping out and I take deep breaths to silence my cries.