Dance

I hand the baby to Marcus. "I'm gonna go upstairs for a second to just look around." I say and Marcus hesitantly looks at me. "don't leave me" he says and I walk over and hug him. "I would never do that to you!" I say and then shake his curly hair. I then walk up the ladder and open the top of the vault. I look around for any of the creatures but I thankfully don't see any. I step out and notice the gas that's leaking from a small sprout and it has now created a puddle of gasoline. 

I tiptoe to all of the filled tables near me. The tables have drills and parts of wood on it. I run my finger along the tables and then something catches my eye. I look to see a iPod. I pick the iPod up and switch the on button. A faint glow is illuminated from the screen and it almost makes me tear up. I grab the iPod and I then see some earbuds. I quickly snatch it up and then walk back towards the cave we are calling home in the moment. I open the lid and climb down the ladder. 

Marcus is standing there holding the sleeping baby. I smile at the sight and then Marcus looks at my hands. I raise the iPod and his eyes light up. "Where did you find that?" he asks and puts down the baby in the carrier. I press the on button and shuffle the first playlist the see and plug in the ear buds. I then hand one of the earbuds to Marcus. A song I recognize starts to play. 

I then grab Marcus hand and put his hand on my waist. The words start to flow and our bodies move back and forth in sync. I mouth the words to him and he laughs. Marcus then spins me out and I twirl back in. "I'd do anything for you Auggie" Marcus says making me melt. "I would do anything for you" I say and hug him. 

I feel my tears begin to fall and press my head into his shoulder. It's hard to contain your sobs when all you wanna do is scream at the top of your lungs. "It's okay" Marcus comforts me and I quickly wipe my tears away and then pull back. The song finishes and I take a deep breath. I then do something I didn't expect even myself to do. I lean in and kiss Marcus. 

A quick kiss but I lean away and look at Marucs now with a tint of pink in my cheeks and I notice the same in his. He gives me a smile and then leans in and gives me a soft kiss on the lips and then I smile. 

"I'll always be here" Marcus says and I wipe my tears away once again. "Thank you" I say and then the baby begins to fuss.