four. Cassandra

note: I changed CAROLINE to CASSANDRA for the sake of creativity

Cassandra Gates

Raphael was a searing hot that left a burn behind in memory for days. He was tantalizing; tall, muscular, dark and undeniably handsome.  His whole demeanor screamed regal, and glowed with power; angelic just like his name. He was like a dark fallen angel; a warrior to this world. There was a story behind the scars and dark blue eyes; I wanted to know the skeletons hiding in his closet.

Raphael might have intrigued me with his darkened allure, but Alexander had already captivated me with his golden light.

“Cassie,” Alexander spoke shaking me from my thoughts. I looked up at him with hooded lids. We had been here in the arena for hours. I was mentally exhausted for the night. There was no way in fucking hell I was going to take another stab at it. The routine was far too practiced, old and I was growing bored.  

“Yes, Alexander?” I bit my lip knowingly. It drove the tall blond over the edge. I knew how to get exactly what I wanted even if it meant cutting some corners.

“Don’t say my name like that,” He grimaced.

“You have a problem, Alexander?” I cocked my head, letting my hair fall over my shoulders.

“Yes, I have a problem with you trying to distract me,” He said through obviously grit teeth. “Remember, professionalism Cassandra. If we were in the middle–”

“Of a real mission right now, it would be highly inappropriate to seduce my mentor. I understand,” I stood up wanting to leave. Alexander has gone over this with me time after time. It was frowned upon to be together; mentor and little. Granted he wasn’t unreasonably older than me; only by six measly years. He was ahead of the most of the others in our age bracket which made him a perfect candidate to be a mentor.

I personally held back often. I knew I could take out the others in mock battles with complete ease if I wanted to. All the maneuvers taught were mediocre compared to what I was really capable of. In private, I trained by myself honing my skills, but I held myself back in fear of being moved to a higher level training bracket. I didn’t want to be torn away from Alexander.

I began to walk away from the training arena. The sliding doors shifting open before me.

“Cassandra, wait,” Alexander sighed. I peered at him from my peripherals. He swaggered on over before stopping right behind me. I could feel his hard abs against my back and the warmth of his body next to mine caused a shiver. He gently placed a hand on my hip. Alexander didn’t say anything else but we stood in silence for a moment. Our breathing rates synchronizing.

 Alexander was mine.

“You know I’m only concerned because you’re getting your first major mission soon,” By this point, Alexander was holding me close to his rock hard body. The news should have shaken me, but wrapped up in his arms I felt safe. He was the only security I needed.

“I’ve been in group missions before,” I said steadily. I was ready. I could handle myself out in the world for this. I could snipe and annihilate like I was taught without leaving a trace behind.

“The next one is just you and me, and I’m only there for insurance,” Alexander stiffened. He was uncomfortable with sending me out all by my lonesome; the next mission handed to me I had to lead. He wouldn’t tell me how to handle the situation but rather just be my back up. We never traveled alone; always in pairs at the bare minimum.

Part of the reason we shouldn’t be together was because it could affect our abilities to handle the task at hand. While we are taught to cut our losses and keep moving forth until the mission is complete, Alexander and I are bonded in a certain way. Mentors always bonded with their littles, but we just decided to make the connection deeper.