three. Raphael

Raphael Sterling

She was heavier than I expected, but she still seemed as light as a feather sitting on my lap with my arms rested around her waist. Cassandra started laughing softly to something I didn’t even catch. I was too caught up entranced by how her laughed was soft and musical. The headliner of the night was playing softly, strumming his guitar strings, and singing soft words.

Cassandra would occasionally hum along, or even sing softly as if she was completely alone and no one was watching her but every time she caught me listening in she would immediately stop. The human was going to be the death of me; she had the sweet voice of a fallen angel.

There was something so wrong about how natural it felt to be with a human. Having her so close to me was tempting as ever just to pull a shoulder of her coat down and sink my teeth right on in. Despite being irritated, my wolf’s inner desire to stake our claim on the fragile thing was rising stronger and stronger. In a battle of my will against his, it never ended well.

“Raphael,” Cassandra said my name, biting her lip seductively in the process. She narrowed her greens eyes to give me a very sultry inviting look.

I fucking wanted her; all of her.

I could barely stand her saying my name like that; my wolf was running amuck in my mind with pent up sexual desire. No one ever warned me that all I’d want to do when I found her was to fuck.

“Raphael!” Cooper approached the group again with a curvy African woman bustling next to him. “We need to go.”

My grip tightened around Cassandra’s waist. I was ready to bound up and toss her over my shoulder. Cooper noticed a change and shot me a pointed look. I had to stifle a growl; Cooper wasn’t one to order me around. Goddammit if I wanted to take my mate then I was going to.

I waited too long for this moment.

“Actually, I need to go too,” Cassandra finagled her way out of my grasp, and stood up. The only benefit was that I got a full view of her perfectly shaped ass. I couldn’t stop myself from imagining my hands cupping both cheeks, and squeezing them.

The frustration grew.

“Cassie, are you ready to go?” A tall blonde male approached. He smiled down at Cassandra and scooped her up in his arms; they were tightly wound around her waist, and hers were latched around his neck.

Self-control was never something I completely mastered, but this fucker was lucky Cooper had begun dragging me by force away from the situation. I was about ready to knock the bastard to the ground. He was too affectionate with Cassandra; my Cassandra.  

The pet named bugged me to no end. Her name was beautiful as is; there was no need to shorten it as if it were superfluous.

“Stop thinking so loudly, Raph,” Cooper snorted as we walked down the lamp lined streets.

“Stop listening,” I snarled.

“You can’t just expect her to drop everything and make you her world. She’s a fucking human. She doesn’t have it the same,” Cooper shrugged as if it was no big deal. He made it seem like I would easily be able to swallow these urges. Everything a normal wolf felt, I felt on a more intense level. Alpha power exemplified everything.

Nadia was a wolf from another Beta family. She and Cooper was a perfectly molded match.

Cooper had no grounds to speak for what I could and couldn’t expect, or want. Cassandra seemed more relaxed sitting in my lap than she did sitting among everyone she knew. If that didn’t show something, then nothing would.