THREE. CONTROL

Embera wasn't someone that would make friends easily, she didn't think of herself with high social skills

Embera wasn't someone that would make friends easily, she didn't think of herself with high social skills. But sometimes she knew she had to put them into practice, one of those moments was this, Embera noticed the new Kree member sitting alone at the cafeteria, her face showed saddened eyes and quivering lip.

"Mind if I sit here?" Embera asked, looking down at the blonde, seeing her head nod gave her the invitation to do so. "I get it, it's a tough new life, but, Krees are here to help you, protect you even, so don't worry if you had a bad day, you'll make it through it one day at a time."

"Easy for you to say, you've been here longer than I have and I feel like this place is where I belong, I shouldn't be here." Vers added, her voice breaking just a bit when she said she shouldn't be here.

"Yeah, well, it never gets easier, it never really does, but life continues and sometimes, we just gotta be strong, never let your emotions get the best of you, cause if you do, that's troubling." Maybe she was saying too much but what she was telling Vers was useful information, things that even helped Embera go through.

Vers seemed surprised by the words Embera was telling her, the blonde cleaned her face, she straightened her posture, and glanced at the Kree sitting in front of her.

"You seem like someone with a kind heart, I'm sorry if I ask this, but mind if you remember me your name?" Vers turned her attention now at the redhead.

"Embera." She smiled weakly at Vers, seeing the stretched hand in front of her, she glanced down at it confused by the sudden action, her right hand carefully hiding behind her back, the small dagger resting gently there.

"You haven't shaken a hand before?" Vers pulled her hand back, tilting her gold locks to the side as she looked at her confused.  "That's odd, also I wanted to apologize for the attack last week, I didn't mean to harm you, I don't even know how it happened." Vers explained looking back at her hands, her body position straight forward.

"There's no need to apologize, you are here to learn and control your powers Vers, Yon-Rogg is the greatest superior we could have, very patient too." Embera said, clearing her throat she stood up and looked down at the blonde. "I better leave, I'll see you around Vers."