Good Bye

After that night, the next morning, there were people swarming at our very door, knocking loudly. Mother opened it, surprised to see the sea of E's outside our very house, shouting my name and cheering. My whole family stared at the crowd, jaw dropped. Then at the midst of our amazement, a man wearing a suit and tie squeezed his way through the crowd until he reached us. A lot of people have been giving me flowers and a lot more stuff, Dad had to run out to push them away.

"Ahem." He started. "I am a messenger from the palace and I'm here to tell you what you need to know to start everything off once you enter the palace."

"Well, come in." My mother stepped back to give space for him to enter and she closed the door. Michelle went down as well, smiling happily.

"I just have to ask you some questions, tell you a few things and inform you everything you need to know." He started. He looked at three of us, Mom, Michelle and Me.

"Uhm...is it okay if the little one could leave the room?" He asked with discomfort. Michelle gasp and resisted. What was he going to tell me that Michelle shouldn't hear? I'm getting nervous.

"But--" She tried to protest.

"Come on, Michelle. Lets just do what he says." I told her. Then I quickly leaned down to whisper to her. "I'll tell you everything once it's done." I knew she heard it and acted disappointed as she climbed up the stairs.

"Let's talk in the kitchen." Mom suggested and we proceeded to the kitchen. We sat in front of one another.

"Well, since you will be temporarily living in the palace, and possibly someday permanently stay there. You must learn the basics of everything. The day after tomorrow, the mayor of your town would prepare a farewell speech for you, and you should do the same. There will be an escort waiting for you in the town square after you're speech is done."

"I have to make a speech?!?" I repeated.

"It's nothing to what our policy says, but your mayor suggested to do it. Moving on, since you are an E. You must be lacking a few health requirements. So here." He pulled out a bunch of small bottles filled with colorful pills. One different color in each.

"What are these?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I looked at it for a while and then set my gaze on the messenger from the palace with a kind questioning look.

"Those are vitamins that you'd be needing. It will keep your skin, hair and everything healthy."

We listened carefully to what he kept saying. This is such a pain in the ass, daily vitamins? Really?

"Now, you'd be living in the palace. You are technically living with the royal family, so you should act as royalty. Each selected woman has a scheduled meeting with the prince, but if the princes wishes to meet with you, out of schedule, then it is allowed. You may not be allowed to go out of the palace without permission. You are permissible to go out the garden when you are told, but as you please is strictly prohibited."

'So I'm basically a pet, huh...?' I thought to myself.

"Since you might be one of the prince's wife, you are not allowed to have any lovers starting now and while you are in the castle, if ever we find out about a case like, is automatic treason and is sentenced to death to both."

I gulped at the thought. So....Basically....oh no...I can't back out now..so..

"And one little private question..." He said with unease and leaned forward to both of us.

"Are you a virgin?" He asked. I blushed and took a few spaces back. A bit gasping.

"What??!??" My mother reacted. "Of course she is!" Oh no, I think she snapped. "What kind of freakin' question is that?!!"