Who are the chosen 35?

Chapter 5

A day passed and I couldn't take my mind off the Dragon's Choosing and Gray. I need to tell him now! Or else everything will be ruined! He might not propose to me! Agh! I don't even know if he is going to, but if he will he might cancel it wouldn't he??

"What's going on, Big sister?" Michelle asked, waving her hand in front of me as my parents waited for me to respond on the dining table. We were eating breakfast, mom's usual fried eggs.

"Uh..O-Oh!" I snapped out. "It's nothing. Just a bit...you know, tense." I replied.

"Ah, Tense about tomorrow, I see?" He said, laughing. "Well, you have nothing to worry about dear. I'm sure you'll get picked!" He laughed...that isn't making things any better, I suppose. Then I felt a reassuring squeeze on my hand as I saw my mother's calm eyes locked on mine, with a look saying: it'll all be fine

It calmed me down a bit, but the nervousness wasn't in the Dragon's choosing. I stood up and excused myself from the table, leaving them with worried looks on their faces. I sighed and summoned Virgo.

"What is your wish, princess?" She asked me.

"Please don't call me Princess..." I whined as I massaged my forehead, a hint that it's just a trouble.

"And why is that?" She asked with a curious expression. "I thought you liked me to call you that."

I shook my head. "It's a long story, and trust me. Being princess is the last thing that I want." I sat at the edge of my bed and grabbed a pen and a piece of paper. I wrote a letter and gave it to Virgo.

"Bring this to Gray's house. Quickly and quietly, okay?"

"Yes Princ---I mean, Lucy." She curtsied and left the room in a an extremely fast speed. I looked up at the ceiling and thought how much my life was so alike with the ceiling. Just blank, I guess, besides writing stories and publishing them to the local libraries, entertaining people with my magic and acting in different places, I never actually thought of anything else but go to those jobs to earn money.

Then the door suddenly flew open and a strong wind came crashing in. "The job is done, Lucy."
"Thanks." I replied and she faded away into thin air as she went back to the spirit world.

I went to the window, waiting for Gray to arrive so I can tell him. Knees shaking, I caught a glimpse of a darkened figure running from afar. In that instant, I knew it was Gray, so I prepared myself to whatever anger he throws at me.

He smiled, not knowing what he'll discover tonight...I put on a weak smile and opened the window, looking back at the door. Locked. Then jumping into his arms, as if his arms were designed for me, explaining how it was so fit and exact in catching me.

We decided not to go far and just climb up the tree house. The tree house me and Gray used to go when we were kids, but when Silver, Gray's father died. He became so busy that we didn't have time to go there anymore, but we could go to the river since it was near his house.

I sniffed up the old scent of wood and touched the rough texture of the floor, as if it would bring back all of the memories I had in this treehouse. He came up and faced me.

"So what was it you want?" He face me seriously, but it didn't seem so alarming. "You've been calling me to meet you three times a week now....." Then he realized the approach it had when he said that. "I-It's not that I don't want to meet you or anything!" He said waving his hands in front of me, a bit uncollected. If this was a usual meeting then I would've giggled at his unprepared state, but I'm getting nervous to the bone and I can feel the tears at the fear of possibly getting in a fight for all of this. Or maybe even worse.