Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The next morning, I woke up and realized I didn't get to change. My bed was a mess and my left foot was already on the floor, followed by my body clinging to my bed. I was wearing my jeans and hoodie. I forgot to change! I jolted up from my sleepy mind set, on not getting up once I woke up, and quickly ran to the bathroom, changing into something else. The smell of grass still lingered on my shirt. So I removed it and took a bath, wore my light blue shirt and roll-up shorts. I summoned Virgo out to help me fix the other scent of the grass and warm night smell out of me. Amazingly, she did it in a flash and, yet again, asked me what her punishment was.

"No punishment Virgo. I'll call you when I need you, okay?" She bowed a little and disappeared. I pinned up my hair into a pony tail that, pretty much suited the whole outfit really well. I wasn't going to summon Cancer just to fix my hair. I could do it myself, obviously. As I was ready to go down stairs, someone knocked on the door. I opened it and it was Michelle, unsettled with just standing in one place and a nervous smile on her face.

Something tells me that...something definitely happened.

"What is it, Michelle?" I asked her, trying not to sound as curious as I am right now.

"Mother's calling you sister..." She said, fidgeting her fingers, rubbing her skirt and was staring down on the floor boards. I didn't want to push her more and tell her why she's so nervous. So I followed what she said and walked down stairs..

There, I saw...My father...?? I walked slowly down, trying to think of reasons why he's here. I walked towards them and as soon as I stepped down from the stairs he suddenly turned around and had a, obvious, forced smile on his face.

"Why are you here?" I asked, then suddenly realized how rude my question was. "I-I mean! It's not that I don't want you here. I want you to stay here! It's just that......were you fired?"

He nodded. "Sadly, yes."

"Why?" I asked, worried. If my father's not working, it'll be tougher than it is now in life. We hardly get enough money from what Mother earns, she earns lesser than Father and Father already has a low pay. E's only entertain people with themselves or using their magic.

"The...Theater got shut down...so....They fired all of us...."

"All of you??" I was surprised. Why fire E's?? I mean, people that are categorized in that magic level either have really low and weak magic or they just inherited that position. He nodded again. We all thought of the same thing....that this is going to be really hard now..

"Why don't we join a wizard gui--"

"Lucy!" My mother hushed me. I took a step back, stunned for raising her voice. "We are not joining a wizard's guild. You know that the King made them-"

"Yeah, I know. They're illegal now, but--!"

"We will not join guilds Lucy." My dad said calmly. "It's how it is now. We can't do anything about that." I stayed silent. He was right...We couldn't do anything about it. The king made that rule and all of us should follow.

I clenched my fist. "Dad." I called him. He looked my way. "About the Dragon's choosing..."

His eyes widened in hope. I felt kind of guilty to say I didn't want to join in it, but..I couldn't stand to see Mom and Dad freezing or Michelle starving. I just didn't want that to happened. Those kinds of things sometimes happen before, but now that Dad's not earning money for us....it might be a frequent circumstance from now on. Still, I have a fifty percent mind set on joining and not joining. "I'm sure you're going to be a wonderful princess, Lucy."