1 - Age of the Wonderbeasts

Originally posted March 24th, 2022

//

Kipo collapsed, exhausted from the effort of fighting Dr. Emilia. With the Mega Jaguar mute down, she turned to the mix of mutes and humans below. The Mega Walrus roared, causing the small crowd to disperse in fear.

Kipo groaned, opening her eyes; they widened as she noticed Emilia made a move to crush the people and mutes below. With effort, she swiftly got in between the two, causing the walrus-mute to land a punch on her instead.

"Kipo!" Lio shouted as the jaguar-mute fell to the ground. Emilia growled as she moved to pick up a building. "Honey, get up," Song pleaded, glancing over at the Mega Walrus, "you have to wake up!" Realizing what the walrus-mute had in mind, Lio pleaded as well, "come on, Kipo, please!"

Scarlemagne narrowed his eyes, thinking of what he could do; his flamingo-mute flew overhead, cawing. He gasped in recognition that he could help and whistled, gaining the attention of the two-headed flamingo.

"I'm glad we were able to be a family, just one more time." The mandrill said, putting a hand on Lio's shoulder. "Hugo, what are you do-?" The father started, being interrupted by glass breaking. Emilia successfully pried the building from its foundation and lifted it over her head with a roar.

Scarlemagne gave the two a smile before leaping up to his flamingo. "Hugo!" Lio shouted, comprehending what the mandrill planned to do. The monkey-mute gave a hearty chuckle, gaining the attention of the Mega Walrus; he flew around her, being a distraction. Emilia grunted with effort as she attempted to fight off the mute, swatting at him.

"Remember me?" Scarlemagne said with a laugh. He flew away, only to turn around and charge at the mega mute with intense laughter. Dr. Emilia gasped, looking at the crazed mandrill.

"Leave my sister alone!" He shouted; Kipo slowly opened her eyes, hearing the monkey's victory wail.

Hugo charged towards the doctor, knocking her in the eye; she sunk further, falling into the water in her mind. The mega mute dropped the building, sending a wave to Kipo and the others. The Mega Jaguar opened her eyes, seeing the flamingo Hugo used falling towards a building. "Hugo!" Lio shouted.

Kipo looked where he crashed, looking back at the walrus-mute as it groaned; Emilia turned and ran away. Wolf ran up, wielding the crossbow she took from Greta, "Kipo. Where's Emilia going?"

"I don't know," Benson said, causing Wolf to look at him. "She just ran away." He continued.

"Go after her," Song said, causing the two of them to look at her, "we'll find Hugo." The Mega Jaguar gave a soft roar as Benson and Wolf sprinted to her; Lio and Song ran off to find the mandrill.

--XXXX--

The Mega Walrus groaned, gripping their heads in fear; Kipo, Benson, Wolf, Dave, and Mandu walked up to her. "What's wrong with her? She just looks... Scared." Wolf questioned.

"Emilia never had an anchor. She lost herself in the mega!" Kipo answered.

"She's just gone? No more evil, mute-hating brain in there?" Benson pondered, looking at the mega mute.

"You know, we could just leave her like this. She's harmless." Dave reasoned, "I mean, this way it's way better for everyone."

"...No. She deserves to be punished but not like this." Kipo said, holding her hand out to the girl next to her. Wolf reached into her pocket and handed her the cure she took from Greta.

One of the Mega Walrus' heads groaned while the other looked at Kipo walking up to it; she held out her hand. It crouched down to her level, pointing out a finger to her; she set her hand on the fingertip and pricked it with the cure dart.