12 - Las Vistas Observatory

Originally posted March 30th, 2022

//

"Come on, please? This meeting is important, Good Billions." Kipo's hands were clasped together, pleading at the Las Vistas Observatory; it was the next day, and here she was begging with Good Billions at the last minute.

"Where am I going to keep Bad Billions? I'd keep him by my feet, but First Mute knows he's going to go after anything that moves. If Molly brings Yumyan... I don't even want to think about what will happen..." He slowly shook his head; the wolf they were talking about was asleep in a corner.

"Well, you could just put him in a cage. There's a pet store not too far from here and-" Kipo started.

"I am not putting my brother in a cage! Do you think I'm some sort of animal!?" The light-blue wolf put a hand on his chest.

The hybrid paused, looking at the wolf-mute up and down. "... Well, sort of."

"That's not-" he paused and inhaled, "listen, I'd allow you to use to the observatory, but he doesn't have any other place to stay." He lowered his ears; he was really trying to help Kipo out, but he just didn't know what to do with his brother.

"Well... You could put him in his room. You do have rooms, right?" Kipo offered, looking over to the cured wolf.

Good Billions tapped his foot, waking Bad Billions. "... I suppose I could. What time is this meeting at?" He glanced down at his brother.

{We haven't decided on a time yet, shoot...} She put a hand to her chin, trying to think of something. "... Six." She answered with a nod.

"Mh, as any meeting should. Well then, I'll get the pack to get the place somewhat cleaned." The light-blue wolf smiled and adjusted his glasses. He clapped and called out to the other Newton Wolves; Kipo supposed that their conversation was over.

The hybrid turned on her heel, hearing the door close behind her. "Well, Kipo, that wasn't very smart planning a meeting and then not even establishing a time... I only hope that Puck assumes it's going to be at six as well..." She brought a hand to her head. "Unless Jamack told him otherwise... Argh, I'm stupid! I'm getting over my head!" She brought her palm to her forehead and dragged it down her face.

"I need to talk to my parents. Maybe they can help me figure this out." Kipo said to herself, transforming into the Mega Jaguar. She bounded towards the heart of Las Vistas, where the clinic was.

--XXXX--

"There you go, Pepin. Nice and well..." Song said softly, petting the flamingo.

"Little guy's certainly getting better at articulating that wing-" Lio started.

"Honey, it's barely even been a day. Pepin's going to be plenty better in a month." Song said, walking over to the human and mute. "Did anything happen with Jamack and Hugo, Pepin? You guys did take an extra day getting here." She said, petting the cheeks of one of the heads.

The head she was petting churred as if it was laughing. The other softly clicked its beak. "Oh, sorry for intruding, Pepin." Song apologized, removing her hand; Lio took it in response. "I'm assuming that's business between the three of you." She said; Lio let out a light laugh.

Kipo walked in, panting from running. "Kipo? What's wrong?" Song asked, walking over to her daughter.

"Nothing, I just... Made my workload a lot harder." She sighed, sitting down on a swivel chair.

"'Workload'? Honey, you're only 13." Lio said, walking over.

"I know, it's just... Ugh, I haven't even told you guys about my plan for HMUFA! How could I be so stupid!" Kipo let out, her frustrations getting to her; her teeth sharpened and her pupil narrowed due to the jaguar.

"Let's just calm down so you can explain, alright?" Song gently asked, running her hands through the hybrid's hair. "Alright... Alright..." Kipo said with a sigh.

Eventually, after a short amount of time, she grew to a neutral state. "Okay, so HMUFA is the 'Human-Mute Ultimate Friendship Alliance'. I made it and... Blah, blah, blah, that part doesn't necessarily matter." Kipo said; Song opened her mouth to speak, but she interrupted. "I'm trying to rebuild it here, in Las Vistas, but everyone's so far away. So, I- well, Jamack did... Figured out that it would be easier to move them here. We've got the space!"

Her parents stayed quiet, listening to her. "We got the idea to make habitats for the mute species. But, rather than just shove them into this new living space, we wanted to talk with their representatives. Having a meeting with them before we settle on anything." The hybrid explained, running a hand through her hair. "But, I completely messed up because I never gave a time! The meeting is today, and I'm hoping that Puck has told everyone that it'll be at six. And then there was the issue of having to come up with a place to meet."

"You sound like you're getting overwo-" Lio began.

"So I had to ask the Newton Wolves last minute to use the observatory." She interrupted once again. "Thankfully, Good Billions said yes. But all of this stuff happening in just two days is kind of stressing me out... I was hoping you guys could help?" Kipo finished, looking at her parents.

"Honey, why didn't you say anything? You can't be making huge decisions like these without planning them." Song said with a frown.

"That's why I talked to Wolf, Benson, and them. They helped me brainstorm." The hybrid reasoned. "Listen, I've gotta arrange this meeting because it's less than two hours away."

Song looked over to the flamingo-mute. "I mean, someone needs to stay here to watch Pepin."

"We can just take him, can't we?" Kipo reasoned, standing up. "Do you want to help us, Pepin?" She asked, walking over to the mute. "You might be able to see Hugo." Both heads of the bird-mute churred, and it stood up. "See, that's a yes from Pepin. Let's go!" Kipo said, taking the reins from the flamingo, and leading it outside.

"I- Kipo! His wing isn't even close to healing yet! Kipo!" Lio shouted after her daughter; he glanced at his wife and ran out of the clinic.

"Leaving me to close down, alright," Song said with a light sigh.