Part 7 : NO Mercy!

══════☆══════

[As related to Mercy and the circle by Monique. Then related to/recorded by Javier]

15:30 Wisconsin University, lecturers meeting event room.

Principal Bolton was finishing his address to the gathered faculty.

"These are all the new initiatives we are going to implement in quarter four. We have decided not to go with test banks, which will free each one of you instructors to flex your wings and write a brand new exam for your year. This concludes our catch up meeting for now. I'll let you all go now, and chat about the upcoming end of term party." He said before he smiled and shut his notebook.

All the professors, lab instructors, teaching assistants and others got up from their chairs and placed their notebooks and netbooks in their bags.

The professors of the Physics and Maths department walked up to the Chemistry instructor, who was putting his notebook away, and tapped him on the back shoulder of his tweed coat.

"Hey, Lennon! We want to congratulate you on the trend of your class. We've both sat in on your lectures and found them highly structured and well formulated, get it...? Formulated?" The Math instructor said before he laughed weakly.

The physics instructor laughed briefly before he shook his head at the joke and piped up, "Are you and your girlfriend coming to the end of term party? We're all bringing our plus ones. I didn't really get to meet her at Christmas, so please say you'll both be there."

Lennon turned around and smiled before he pushed up his round, blue-tinted glasses, "We'd love to come! But I can't stay too long as I have my partner's mother over and I don't want to seem rude abandoning her at home. The date, that's... the last Friday of the month, ain't it?" He asked as he threw the shoulder bag on.

"Yes! And the East Asian language studies head is also making some food for everyone from her homeland. Sorry, is your girlfriend Korean or Thai? I met her very briefly at the Christmas party, and I really appreciated the traditional snacks she made." The Math instructor asked.

Lennon smiled back, "Glad you liked them. She's Filipino by the way, and I reckon she'll probably make her special spring rolls, steamed buns or somethin' like that. Please give my regards to your wife, Marie, and I look forward to seeing her there too."

"Thanks, Lenn. She said she wants you there because you have an air of calm around you the whole time, and that you're not stressed all the time like all these others." The Math instructor replied.

Lennon shrugged and held his hands out, "Life goes on, and we're all along for the ride. Ain't no reason to hurry as it's gonna sweep us along with it regardless. I think I got the time, so I ain't in a hurry."

"I feel relaxed just standing next to you." The Physics instructor remarked.

The math instructor turned to Lennon, "Hey, maybe the East Asian language head will finally get to meet your girlfriend as they always seem to miss each other, which is sad. They are practically neighbours as she's Malaysian, and speaks Filipino too."

The physics instructor nodded, "Yeah! You're right. In fact, once they finally managed to be in the same room though, at the Asian fundraiser. I told your girlfriend that Marjia was looking for her, but the next thing I heard was that your girlfriend went home with a sudden migraine."

Lennon nodded, "Oh, er yeah. Those headaches just... strike out the blue. She was so disappointed she couldn't help out at the fundraiser like she planned. But, I know she wants to meet Marjia as soon as she can."