Part 8 : You're Not Alone

══════☆══════

Related to the circle by Bayani and related to Javier by Mercy.

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

The United States.

In a modestly decorated but still luxurious modern house in an affluent neighbourhood, the front door was heard to open and close.

"Hey! jowà!" Bayani called out excitedly as he walked out of the kitchen wiping flour on the front of his apron. He walked over to the front door area and stood on his tiptoes, waiting for Lennon to bend slightly so he could throw his arms around his neck.

They heard an older woman's voice from the kitchen calling back in Tagalog, welcoming him back as well.

Bayani turned his head towards the kitchen and called back, "Tahanan ni Lennon!"

Lennon also turned his head towards the kitchen and replied, "Bahay na ko!" before he continued hugging Bayani tightly, "Somethin' smells good, my love."

"We've both been making treats today for tonight as mother is here for the weekend. Several sides, dumplings, beef strips, greens, you name it!" Bayani said with great excitement.

"Cool! I'll bring some leftovers into work for the guys tomorrow." Lennon said as he stood straight again and hung his work satchel by the door before taking off his scarf and coat.

"You don't work tomorrow." Bayani said as he lovingly looked up at Lennon.

"I don't? Why, what day is it?" Lennon asked.

"Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday and you have the memory clinic and the speech therapist as you tend to slur some consonants. They said you are making slow progress though."

"Hmm, yeah. My memory is terrible. I lose my train of thought and everything seems so difficult sometimes. Knowing things, but not knowing them. The constant feeling that something important has escaped me. It's like walking through a fog." Lennon said as he walked into the room and sat down in a large, comfortable armchair that he always sat in.

Bayani picked up a small oriental sauce dish with several tablets and handed it to Lennon, "That's the concussion. Here, take your medicine."

"Oh, concussion? From the accident...?" Lennon asked as he looked up.

"Yes, you told me all about it, remember? You fell asleep at the wheel and smashed into the cement side barrier and it tipped the rig over. You're so lucky to be alive." Bayani said as he stroked the side of Lennon's face.

Lennon slowly picked up the tiny dish with tablets on it as Bayani poured out a small amount of green liquid into a dosing cup. "I, told you that...?"

"Yes. You did." Bayani confirmed as he passed him the drug substitute.

"Why do I have to take all these?" Lennon asked.

"They keep you well. You take antidepressants, painkillers, heart medication, anticoagulants, alcohol rejection tablets, antipsychotics and drug replacement liquid from your rehabilitation program."

"But... why does everyone keep telling me I'm a drug addict?! I've never taken more than a painkiller in my life! Even Momma and Papa keep telling me I was!"

"You had escalating drug use before your accident, yes. It started off with light drug usage, then escalated to all kinds after you fell in with a bad crowd."

"But... that's not true. Why is everyone saying that's true! I wouldn't drink and drive, I wouldn't take drugs and drive! It's like I've woken up in a nightmare alternate world! And no one believes me..." Lennon said, obviously feeling a little emotional about it.